PDA

View Full Version : Parent Problems!!

suzyblue
25-09-2009, 07:13 AM
Hi all,
A chindminding friend of mime is having a problem with a mindees parents.
The little girl is 2 years old and the mum is still giving her baby jar food and baby milk. The girl is slightly under weight and poos about 5 times a day. The parents are constantly at the doctors and hospital with her. My friend has told the mum that she needs proper food but the mum makes excuses saying that she want her child to eat this stuff as she is under weight. What should my friend do as she has tried speaking to the mum and that hasnt worked and she has to follow what the mum wants for her daughter.

Sue x

Kelly
25-09-2009, 07:20 AM
This is hard because if the parent is spending that much time at the doctors/hospital why aren't they advising her to stop with the jars/milk? I think I would lay my hands on some weaning/feeding a young child leaflets and offer them to the parent with my concerns that her diet was not suitable for a child of that age. I would deffiantley get some calcium leaflets as well.

Kelly

hello kitty
25-09-2009, 07:59 AM
I had one like this too, parent was just too lazy to make decent food for her so I asked if she could have sandwiches at lunchtime so we could go out for picnics without worrying about heating up mush. Eventually, and it took a long time, parent conceeded but child now has bread and butter, no filling and a banana every single day!! Lately she has added a bag of crisps but child does not like salt and vinegar so I sent these home but mother still sends back the opened pack (I sealed it with sellatape after the first time!). :(

mushpea
25-09-2009, 10:41 AM
could your freind cook meals for her? maybe the parents dont have time and she could offer to cook her food, or maybe she could tell the parents the the child seems more interested in what the other children eat and would it be ok if she gave her some.

suzyblue
28-09-2009, 06:55 AM
Thanks All!
I will pass your good advice on to my friend,
x