PDA

View Full Version : Forum v Facebook

Chatterbox Childcare
24-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Now I am on both websites I don't know which one to go on or where to start...

arrrrrrrgh:panic: :panic:

Hebs
24-09-2009, 08:33 PM
i just use this one

Pipsqueak
24-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Forum is ALWAYS my first stop/tab opening - facebook gets opened/checked second and opened in a new tab.

LOOPYLISA
24-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Join the club :thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
24-09-2009, 08:39 PM
I have both open and generaly switch between the 2, i do check facebook first because i get personal messages there, where as here nobody messages me :(

Gareth
xx

sarah707
24-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Here first...

I haven't really got the hang of facebook so I kind of remember it every few days :rolleyes: :D

Daddy Day Care
24-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Here first...

I haven't really got the hang of facebook so I kind of remember it every few days :rolleyes: :D

your a mod you had to say here first :)

huggableshelly
24-09-2009, 08:54 PM
here for childminding stuff and facebook for messing about on but not got anyone on facebook from here i dont think!

everyone needs to bombard Garreth with messages :laughing:

sarah707
24-09-2009, 08:54 PM
your a mod you had to say here first :)

Fair comment :cool:

It's a small world
24-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Just got in from work and my friend has just asked why I dont go on facebook much these days. Apologised and said Im addicted to this one(she knows Im a cm) Sometimes go on facebook for 5mins just before switching off the computer....if i think on..but toitally addicted to this. open up forum even before emails...

marian
24-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Forum is ALWAYS my first stop/tab opening - facebook gets opened/checked second and opened in a new tab.

Same here!!:)

MARIAN X

Twinkles
24-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Yep forum first - I'd hate to miss anything :panic:

Then facebook for silly games and reading what else people are up to.

Usually flick between the two in the evenings. I don't watch tv.

Blaze
24-09-2009, 09:19 PM

Same!:clapping: :D :)

ajs
24-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Yep forum first - I'd hate to miss anything :panic:

Then facebook for silly games and reading what else people are up to.

Usually flick between the two in the evenings. I don't watch tv.

same for me
although i don't use facebook for games they annoy me too much

miffy
24-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Can't cope with both :laughing:

Forum first for me :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

manjay
24-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Forum first for me too:thumbsup: and then FB when I remember:rolleyes:

wendywu
24-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Whats a Face Book when its at home:rolleyes:

angeldelight
25-09-2009, 05:46 AM
Whats a Face Book when its at home:rolleyes:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

We call it FACE ACHE in our house it always seems to cause people grief and they moan about comments others have made because they read them wrong etc etc . I think facebook has got a lot to answer for

Then you get people try to add you who you knew 10 or even 20 years ago and once they are on your friends list they never speak to you again ha ha ha
Or you get people who you have never even heard of try to speak to you

Out of the 160 friends I have on mine there is only about 40 who actually speak to me and I think about 30 of those are family :laughing:

On saying that I do like to go and chill out with my close friends and family on facebook it gives a break from childminding

Nothing worse on a Friday night coming here and having to chat about minding I like to chill out and sometimes that is where facebook comes in

BUT ..........

The forum WINS hands down for me every time , I can not really compare the two , I have so many lovely thoughtful friends here why would anyone want to choose FACE ACHE over our lovely FORUM ???

Angel xxx

FussyElmo
25-09-2009, 05:51 AM
Love both really. Facebook probably has the edge because my brother is on there and I can talk to him - he is in Austrailia so wouldnt be able to do it as convienitly as I do know. Like the games also. But then again the advice and support you get from the forum is great and you understand:) so if my brother lived in here there would be no contest:)

Tam's Tribe
25-09-2009, 06:09 AM

Same here . . . forum is my homepage . . . just check FB for goss and catch up, I too do not play any of the games!!

Pauline
25-09-2009, 06:22 AM
What's Facebook?

:D

Pauline
25-09-2009, 06:23 AM
I have both open and generaly switch between the 2, i do check facebook first because i get personal messages there, where as here nobody messages me :(

Gareth
xx

:( WE can soon cure that :laughing:

Anyway I messaged you last week what more do you want? :D

Mollymop
25-09-2009, 06:36 AM
I always look on her first - well got no choice now I am no longer on facebook! :(

Roseolivia
25-09-2009, 07:19 AM
I'm on here mostly but go on FB to catch up with friends and family. I don't play any of the games on FB either.

Jules12Wed
25-09-2009, 07:24 AM
Definitely here first:thumbsup: . Very rarely look at facebook.

mama2three
25-09-2009, 07:41 AM
I dont facebook either - but am getting addicted very quickly to the forum. always check it in the mornings , and if dh is out or working away then the evenings too. I come on with all good intentions of writing a policy or risk assessment and 2 hours later im still on here!

ajs
25-09-2009, 07:46 AM
I dont facebook either - but am getting addicted very quickly to the forum. always check it in the mornings , and if dh is out or working away then the evenings too. I come on with all good intentions of writing a policy or risk assessment and 2 hours later im still on here!

ha ha caught you, that's the magic pauline holds over us all, we are all caught in to her little web evenutally

ORKSIE
25-09-2009, 08:29 AM
I check in here then FB, but i do much prefer it here.
I tend to do the Jewel Busting game on FB which is very addictive. Can we have a Jewel Busting game on here please Pauline, then I will never have to go on FB:laughing: :laughing:

Twinkle
25-09-2009, 08:34 AM
I used to use facebook but the forum wins hands down! :jump for joy:

Pauline
25-09-2009, 08:44 AM
ha ha caught you, that's the magic pauline holds over us all, we are all caught in to her little web evenutally

Awww you've sussed my plan for world domination! :laughing:

nic76
25-09-2009, 12:17 PM
i am always on facebook but have it open on another tab with forum so i can switch between,,, i must sound mad

Pauline
25-09-2009, 01:43 PM
I check in here then FB, but i do much prefer it here.
I tend to do the Jewel Busting game on FB which is very addictive. Can we have a Jewel Busting game on here please Pauline, then I will never have to go on FB:laughing: :laughing:

Not found a jewel buster yet, but check out the new fun zone for Forum games - don't say I don't give you what you want :laughing:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98

Chimps Childminding
25-09-2009, 01:52 PM
I haven't got FB - there's not enough hours in the day for the Forum as it is!!!!!!!!!!!:D

ORKSIE
25-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Not found a jewel buster yet, but check out the new fun zone for Forum games - don't say I don't give you what you want :laughing:

:excited: :magnificent: :thank you:

mandy moo
25-09-2009, 07:52 PM
I open both and flick bettween the 2, how sad am I:o

huggableshelly
25-09-2009, 08:05 PM

this has made me chuckle big time!

when members are in here asking for help, if noone replies please dont panic just go and see you is hanging out in the games then nag them there hee hee.

off to play a game now then bed my head hurts my nose it running all on its own and i cant stop barking which is scaring the guinea pigs but waiting for kiddies to fall asleep so i dont disturb them either.

Pauline
25-09-2009, 09:10 PM
i cant stop barking

Blimey, what are you? A werewolf?

:D

Lady Haha
26-09-2009, 10:06 PM
I open both and flick bettween the 2, how sad am I:o

Thats exactly what I do:laughing:

But now that I have loads of you lot as my facebook friends I'm getting confused! I have got to know who you all are by your user names and avatars etc, but now I have you on facebook too, but I don't have a clue who you are on there!!! I might talk to you on here and on FB and not realise you are the same person!

Pauline
27-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Thats exactly what I do:laughing:

But now that I have loads of you lot as my facebook friends I'm getting confused! I have got to know who you all are by your user names and avatars etc, but now I have you on facebook too, but I don't have a clue who you are on there!!! I might talk to you on here and on FB and not realise you are the same person!

LOL better make sure you don't call one to the other :laughing:

balloon
27-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Facebook is my homepage but this forum comes a close second ;)

I hope that hasn't offended anybody, it's just that my life is about more than just childminding and I have old workmates, other home educators, college/uni mates and family on FB as well as lots and lots of forum friends ;)

ORKSIE
27-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Facebook is my homepage but this forum comes a close second ;)

I hope that hasn't offended anybody, it's just that my life is about more than just childminding and I have old workmates, other home educators, college/uni mates and family on FB as well as lots and lots of forum friends ;)

:laughing:
I know what you mean, I too love it here, but i do have to catch up with old work colleagues and family:thumbsup: