PDA

View Full Version : Oh ******!

tulip0803
24-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Here I am waiting for my CSSIW inspection (anytime within 3 months) and get the boiler man in for service & safety cert and he is not happy with chimney lining:( and cannot sign it off.:eek: .

I have 2 options re-line 4 storey chimney or new boiler with external flue:eek: . Just waht we need at the moment DH will be made redundant on 6th December:(

kelzunique
24-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Oh No! :eek:

Always the way isnt it! Really feel for you... fingers crossed for a lottery win this weekend! ;)

Also - get a second opinion. Make sure boiler man isnt trying to fleece you...:idea:

Nikki's stars
24-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Poor you! Sorry to hear that - why is life so difficult sometimes?!
Hope it all works out :)

Nikki xx

Daddy Day Care
24-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Oh so sorry to hear this hun, as kelz said its deff worth getting a 2nd opinion

Gareth
xx

tulip0803
24-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Oh No! :eek:

Always the way isnt it! Really feel for you... fingers crossed for a lottery win this weekend! ;)

Also - get a second opinion. Make sure boiler man isnt trying to fleece you...:idea:

I know he's not as we already told him before he looked that we were thinking of one next year but my Dad (retired heating eng) would fit it (oil), Dad's looked & agreed. Dad can't issue certs anymore cos of retiring & not sure if ethical either for family:rolleyes: .

Dad's offered to re-line chimney for us but I am definately not sending my 70 year old Dad up 4 storeys of scaffolding.

LOOPYLISA
24-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Where abouts are you ?, hubby is a heating engineer :thumbsup:

tulip0803
24-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Where abouts are you ?, hubby is a heating engineer :thumbsup:

South West Wales.

Dad has been on to his old supplier - in KENT!!!! to get a deal on a boiler - just got to get it delivered or collect it. Still my sister bought a house in Maidstone at the beginning of the month & we haven't been to see her as it is so far away!

LOOPYLISA
24-09-2009, 06:20 PM
South West Wales.

Dad has been on to his old supplier - in KENT!!!! to get a deal on a boiler - just got to get it delivered or collect it. Still my sister bought a house in Maidstone at the beginning of the month & we haven't been to see her as it is so far away!

Bit far hun :(

Hope you get it sorted x

Andrea08
24-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Oh Noo im so sorry there is never a good time for bad news im realy sorry ,,, (bin in your shoes hun) good luck xxx