PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference - Phil and Teds...

Stanfield
24-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Hi,

There are so many phil and teds models now I just cant tell the difference... who has which ones, and did you think it was worth paying the extra for the newer models?

Rubybubbles
24-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I have the old E3, think it is now the classic:thumbsup:

Only thing I don't like is the back seat doesn't drop back, whereas new ones do

PixiePetal
24-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Think the new Dash has a plastic footwell instead of the fabric and saw a Vibe today which had plastic too.

Rubybubbles
24-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Think the new Dash has a plastic footwell instead of the fabric and saw a Vibe today which had plastic too.

Plastic footwell would be good:thumbsup:

On mine if a bigger child pushes hard on the foot rest it can slow the wheel:rolleyes:

uf353432
24-09-2009, 06:10 PM
You could always cut down a rubber car mat to protect the fabric though.

I was wondering actually - does the new style reclining 2nd seat fit to the old style sport chassis? Also though there is only so far a child can comfortably recline before you start kicking the seat iyswim?

Stanfield
24-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Also though there is only so far a child can comfortably recline before you start kicking the seat iyswim?

HEHE Yes I suppose this would be true!!
I think I have seen one that reclines, but it jut looked like a zip (you know when you have an expandable suitcase) that you unzip, and looked like minimal recline really.

Anyone have one that reclines?

singlewiththree
24-09-2009, 07:06 PM
My E3 also doesn't have mudguards which the newer ones do.

My older toddler also stops the wheel with her feet.

balloon
24-09-2009, 07:52 PM
I have the sport v2 (newest one) and the second seat reclines. It zips out a bit and is fine for an over 6 month old to nap in comfort but not enough for a proper sleep (ie it doesn't go flat). Due to the bar positioning though a child will only fit in it for so long (my 18 MO old mindees still fit)

I used to have the Vibe, it's awful IMHO. the second seat is shorter (so short that my 8 month old mindee couldnt recline in it!!!) , the straps are all too short and hard to do up and it's not nice to push due to the funny handle shape and angle.

The sport is soooooo much better and cheaper too! Other differences between the e3 and the sport are the hood on sport has a peep hole, the v2 has a decent catch for folding not an infuriating ring and pin system, v2 comes with mudguards as normal.

Don't know heaps about the dash, but the handle folds down to put the brake on, the footwell is plastic and its got a different shaped hood.

daisyboo1980
24-09-2009, 08:00 PM
i have a red classic it had its first outing today :) and i can say i love it, its so easy to push with the double kit on and when its a single it lies flat and they slept for 2 hours in it before i was lucky with 45 mins sleep time :)

Ritaroo
25-09-2009, 09:22 AM
I have the red e3 and have had it for over 3 years. Still looks brilliant and fits in my 4 and 3 year old no problem and is still easy to push even with all that weight. 8 month old mindee loves it too and sleeps in it no problem.

The only thing you need to be careful of is the weight distribution in the double mode. If the child on top comes out and there is still one in the bottom the pushchair will fall backwards. Also with a baby in the top and a heavy toddler in the bottom it is not ideal but the chances are the older one will get out and walk so no point putting them in the top as you would then have to swap the baby over.

Also not great for shopping unless you buy the pannier bags but these make it wider and harder to get through doors and shops.

All that said it is the best pushchair I have owned and definately an excellent purchase.

Squiby
25-09-2009, 01:38 PM
I have an e3 and I got a new double seat for the sport so it reclines a bit for the baby in the back and its fits fine!

helenlc
25-09-2009, 03:07 PM
I have the E3. My friend has the E3 and put the Sport second seat on hers fine.

uf353432
25-09-2009, 03:17 PM
My E3 also doesn't have mudguards which the newer ones do.

My older toddler also stops the wheel with her feet.

If you need spare parts they are EASY to get! phil and teds uk supplier is
out n about and they send most things the next day!

call them on - 01234 344230

also call this number for FREE mudgaurds, finger gaurds and small replacement parts free too ie harness clips and poppers.

I found this on a a review on Babyworld and phoned them about 4 weeks ago and she sent them out next day free of charge. So go get them :D