PDA

View Full Version : pick up from 2 schools

moogster1a
24-09-2009, 04:01 PM
just agreed to take on an after scool from a different school. It finishes 15 mins. earlier and is a 3 miute drive to the other school. Does anyoe else do this.
Have I just immersed myself in a world of hurt?!

PixiePetal
24-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Make sure the first school know you need to be prompt and the children too. Then tell the second school of the situation so they know you are coming after another pick up.

Have a plan for IF you are late to second school, most are fine for a few mins - takes a while for kids to come out anyway :rolleyes:

amanda1309
24-09-2009, 04:10 PM
I pick up from 2 diff schools. Only been doing it since the kids went back to school, but am starting to feel the toll already. It seems like i spend all afternoon in the car.
I am hoping with repitition it will start to get better.
Hope you find it managable

cher25
24-09-2009, 04:17 PM
I used to pick up from 2 school's sometimes. 1 finishing 15 mins earlier. But 5 mins or so away. I had 3 mindee's, very occasionally 4. That was stressful and sometimes i was late collecting from the 2nd school. But if i only had a couple children, it wasn't too bad. Was happy doing it. :)

Jellytotzjulia
24-09-2009, 04:42 PM
hiya
For the past year until school hols started I done 3 pick ups between 3 oclock & 3.30:panic: , from 3 different school, all a good 5 min drive away from each other!! it was a lot of rushing about, young kids in & out of car & tiring, but you get used to it & into a routine:rolleyes: .

I only have 1 after school now & love it!! it's so different.:clapping:

Julia

Ripeberry
24-09-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm in between two primary schools literally! One is exactly one mile up the road, the other haf a mile down the road. But they both come out at the same time and the second school said it WONT wait for me for even 15 mins (by the time I get my kids and mindee in the car).
So because of that, I lost a possible after schooler :angry:

LisaH
24-09-2009, 05:45 PM
I do 2 schools too. I pick one mindee up at 3pm then we have a 5 minute walk to the next school for 3.15. It isn't a problem most days:)

My nightmare is getting the same kids to school for 9am every morning!! I can't be in 2 places at once:panic:

mushpea
24-09-2009, 06:24 PM
i live inbetween two schools they are about 10mins walk with the mindees (5mins with just me walking), one goes in 8.40 and the other and 8.55am and then they come out at 3pm then 3.05pm, i told the first school i need the child out prompt and they are brill at this and the other school know i pick up from the first school so just hang on to the other child. 9 times out of 10 the 2nd school comes out later than they should anyway so we just about make it.
the problem will come with the juinors at the 2nd school, my two go there and they go in at 8.4oam same as the first school, as its my two kids and we are so close with no big roads too cross i let my two walk there toghether , i am fortunate to have friends who are at the school with their kids that let me know if they misbehave (which is rare cause they know they are being watched:D ) or if theres a problem, so far no parent has asked my to do the juinor school run with a mindee so am ok for now.
we call it our mad dash caus we walk/run between them and the kids actualy love it most days, we have to walk through a park and they all race to see whos going to open the gate.

LOOPYLISA
24-09-2009, 06:27 PM
If you were picking my dd up you would'nt have a problem, she takes forever :rolleyes:

But now she meets me in town so i get longer round the shops :thumbsup:

Blackhorse
24-09-2009, 07:34 PM
I pick up from 2 schools, but the second school is literally around the corner from my house so I dont even need to drive a d-tour for it...
and the kids wait inside the school at reception until they get picked up. school knows I am 15 minutes late (due to both schools finishing at 3 but there was no minder with vacancies and both parents and school didnt mind...)
due to the closeness of both schools to my house it isnt an issue I find...

Demonjill
25-09-2009, 09:31 PM
This may be an option for me too as there are 2 schools where i live and they finish at different times so could be possible.

In normal circumstances it would be no prob but if first ones were out late and second ones early there is a potential prob.

But as peeps have said - talk to the schools to see if they will support/accommodate this.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

helenlc
26-09-2009, 07:20 AM
I was asked to do this recently but declined. More for my LOs that would be stuck in the car for a long time.

I first collect my son who finishes at 2.50, then go to my daughters school who finishes at 3.20.

This lady enquired and asked if I would collect her child from school if she went to the after school club for 20 minutes, so pick up at 3.40ish. I said No and that it was too much.

Also from next month I will have 3 under 2s 4 days a week, so I would have to get them out at my daughters school and then the after school club one. At anytime that would be hard but in bad weather, it would be awful.