PDA

View Full Version : observations

Tily Bud
27-02-2008, 08:03 PM
just wondered how you record your observations of mindees, do you keep an individual diary or folder, do you do formal obs or do you just note things in general about the child :panic: :panic: I am really stumped x

sarah707
27-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Each child has a file - in their file I keep some copies of their work, photos showing them achieving, observations linked to eyfs - brief ones, not too wordy and a copy of the eyfs learning and development sheets for their age and stage, with bits and bobs filled in as I observe them doing things. I add comments that parents have made and I put in things the children tell me they have done as well. I call it their 'Celebration Folder', they look at it a lot and parents are encouraged to have input :D

Tily Bud
27-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks Sarah, I think the fog is beginning to lift a little xx

sarah707
27-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Thanks Sarah, I think the fog is beginning to lift a little xx

Is it foggy up there in the hills? :laughing:

Sorry, I had a moment of madness just then! Finished bills! :clapping:

Tily Bud
27-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Is it foggy up there in the hills? :laughing:

Sorry, I had a moment of madness just then! Finished bills! :clapping:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That was very good Sarah xx I was on the phone to my dad and couldnt stop laughing, i think he thought i had gone mad xx

littletreasures
27-02-2008, 08:49 PM
On the phone and the forum at the same time. Oh we women are good at multi-tasking aren't we?

Jules

Tily Bud
27-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Thats nothing Jules ive been known to eat my tea whilst sat at the computer desk chatting away on the forum :)

Cammie Doodle
27-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Sarah these celebration Books sound good, I have a similar thing, but just had a thought :eek: Do I have to keep these confidential?:panic:

miffy
27-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Thats nothing Jules ive been known to eat my tea whilst sat at the computer desk chatting away on the forum :)

You're not the only one!!!!

But then I'm that busy typing I forget to eat and it goes cold :laughing:

Miffy xx

sarah707
27-02-2008, 09:59 PM
just had a thought :eek: Do I have to keep these confidential?:panic:

I hadn't really thought about it tbh... I share them with the child's parents and the child regularly.

I suppose in the future they will be for sharing with other settings...

Cammie Doodle
27-02-2008, 10:10 PM
That s true Sarah I just had a panic thinking should they be away from prying eyes, but as you say they would have to be shared with others soon .