PDA

View Full Version : JUST STARTED MY SPEAKEASY COURSE

Annie_T
27-02-2008, 07:59 PM
parents, carers and sex and relationships education.

basically it covers how to talk bout sex education to children.

Well 2day was my first 2hours of many on my speakeasy course. we were giving 2 sheets one with a girl other a boy on it and we had point out the physical and emotional changes on each one.

we go on to talk bout sti, contraception etc .. i update as i go on.

thought it was good idea to put in my portfolio when i get the cert.

dont know if it runs in all areas, sure start does it here, but i enrolled it via my kids skool

x

sarah707
27-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Sounds interesting! I know a lot of people find it really hard to talk about sex and relationships with children and teens. Maybe I can send my lot to you once you've finished!

Keep us updated next week! :D

Heaven Scent
27-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Thought for a minute it was a couse on how to run seedy joints (clubs) for children to hang out in say like places with no policies and proceedures and notices up everywhere bit dodgey eh.

Celine

sarah707
27-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Thought for a minute it was a couse on how to run seedy joints (clubs) for children to hang out in say like places with no policies and proceedures and notices up everywhere bit dodgey eh.

Celine

I think you have to be a certain age! :p Sadly, I know what you're talking about! :laughing:

Spangles
27-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Sounds really good, bet a lot of us could benefit from it - I know I could!

miffy
27-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Sounds good Annie - never heard of it before though

Don't know if they have them in my area

Let us know how you get on

Miffy xx

Annie_T
05-03-2008, 09:40 PM
*** UPDATE ***

Today we had to discuss when we would talk to children bout sexual intercourse, sexual abuse, anal sex, foreplay, erections, wet dreams, clitiours, periods, where babies come from, pregnancy, and lot more

we did a work sheet on it too and no one could agree at what age we talk bout sexual abuse :( my girl is 6 and knows its wrong if soemone touches her lilly or bum or makes her do stuff. but that is coz she did complained of sore lilly and bum. to which i had ask if daddy or grandad been touching her there (she stays with them weekend along with my boy) others in class thought this was wrong - i jumped to a conclusion.. i dont think i did i had to check (i had very bad past too witht his subject)

well i now have a work sheet of my own to do- same thing as above

good thing is there is no right or wrong answer on this course :)

Annie_T
14-03-2008, 12:17 AM
:update:

this week i had to think of a situation where i would find a opportunity to let them learn/understand about the 'situation' (in connection with the situation)
ie girl of 6years complains of sore bum and virgina ... refer to whats right and wrong where can she turn etc.
also had right down resourse that i would use with kids asking questions
ie 'what does gay mean'.

then what programmes and mags/books are good resourses.

homework is to find pics articles of idols- drug, relationship etc related tho

im actually enjoying the course for once - my computer course i find boring (3weeks left woop)

Annie_T
25-04-2008, 12:02 AM
another :update:

well had to talk bout sti's, contraception, culture, influences in and out of home, how deal with pressure ...had lot work sheets as you can imagine but only 2 more sessions then its over ... get my certificate month later (roughly) woop .. look good in my folder hehe

just started a catch up with kids maths course and a national maths and lit test ... i must be mad lol

angeldelight
25-04-2008, 06:49 AM
Sounds interesting

Glad you are enjoying it

Angel xx

Bevbeetle
25-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Hi i am doing this course too finding it really interesting i have teenage children but finding it helpful for mindees:clapping:

Annie_T
26-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Hi i am doing this course too finding it really interesting i have teenage children but finding it helpful for mindees:clapping:

yes thats what i think, stuff im finding out i didnt relise etc .. worth doing the course.

miffy
27-04-2008, 06:30 AM
Glad you've found it worthwhile

Haven't seen anything like this advertised in my area

miffy xx