PDA

View Full Version : SEF deleted

cherry
24-09-2009, 12:42 PM
I have been told this week by 2 seperate childminders that once you have had your inspection Ofsted wipe your SEF off their files and you have to submit it again in time for your next inspection.

Could someone clear this up for me as it sounds a bit harsh after all the hard work we put into it.

wendywu
24-09-2009, 01:09 PM
That is what i have been told as well. Once you have been informed that you are due an inspection it is frozen so you cannot add to it.

Then it remains that way and can never be altered again. You have to start all over again. I dont know about it being deleted. You need to back it up so you can copy it again.:)

sarah707
24-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Always back up your sef then if something happens you have it on your computer (and memory stick).

I have not heard this particular story but the Ncma are currently investigating whether Sefs on the system at the moment will disappear when the new one comes online in October.

So please... back it up just in case :D

miffy
24-09-2009, 01:28 PM
On the plus side............... if they delete it and you upload it again they won't know whether you've updated it or not :D

Miffy xx

Winnie
24-09-2009, 07:00 PM
On the plus side............... if they delete it and you upload it again they won't know whether you've updated it or not :D

Miffy xx

:laughing: sneaky, i like it

Andrea08
24-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Hi , ok i had my inspection in August just gone

1) ofsted could not access my SEF and she rang to ask me to submit it
2) she braught with her a hard copy to refure to..
3) and yes she checked up on its contents so no little white lies :D
4) once i got over the shock of it all i went to my SEF and added updates e.g. September 09 update;,,, i have now changed this and that etc
5) so i could access the submited SEF and add to it and save it but as for the changes that sarah is working on im not sure what to do

do I start all over again or just say ,,,from my last inspection of Aug 09 i have XYZ & ABC,,, Ofsted should write to us all and explain what they want us to do not just find out or hope for the best,,

sarah is working very hard to get herself up to date with the new SEF and how best to give ofsted the answers they are looking for in the right places so for now its in her safe hands :thumbsup:

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
24-09-2009, 07:30 PM

Miffy xx

lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: