PDA

View Full Version : writing an article - please help

Gherkin
24-09-2009, 11:23 AM
I have been getting no where fast on a writing course and now need to attack it and get it finished by Feb 2010.

I am writing an article on how the EYFS is in the setting a year after it started and would like the views of childminders who have been minding since prior to the EYFS starting please comment on the following:

1) How have you found implementing the EYFS in your settings?
2) Do you feel it has made everthing easier or more difficult?
3) A year on have your views changed in relation to the EYFS?
4) what do you like/dislike about it?
5) Any other comments relating to EYFS you would like to make.

Please either post or pm me. I would like to properly reference quote I use in the article so would like the following info:
name, location, how many years as a reg childminder.

Many thanks for your help and I look forward to reading your response.

Alibali
24-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Sorry, can't help, don't do eyfs!

Gherkin
24-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Sarah has pointed me in the direction of a thread that Pauline started on the EYFS a year on. If anyone has issues with me quoting from this please let me know - the article is only for a course so unlikly to ever get published.

thanks

Pipsqueak
24-09-2009, 08:39 PM
not sure i have said anything worth quoting but feel free to use my comments!

sarah707
24-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Sarah has pointed me in the direction of a thread that Pauline started on the EYFS a year on. If anyone has issues with me quoting from this please let me know - the article is only for a course so unlikly to ever get published.

thanks

When I use quotes from people here, I either ask them first and put their first name or I use their forum name.

Like I said earlier I'll be happy to read anything you've written and add my two pennorth :D

Andrea08
24-09-2009, 09:45 PM
I have been getting no where fast on a writing course and now need to attack it and get it finished by Feb 2010.

I am writing an article on how the EYFS is in the setting a year after it started and would like the views of childminders who have been minding since prior to the EYFS starting please comment on the following:

1) How have you found implementing the EYFS in your settings?
2) Do you feel it has made everthing easier or more difficult?
3) A year on have your views changed in relation to the EYFS?
4) what do you like/dislike about it?
5) Any other comments relating to EYFS you would like to make.

Please either post or pm me. I would like to properly reference quote I use in the article so would like the following info:
name, location, how many years as a reg childminder.

Many thanks for your help and I look forward to reading your response.

1) good luck

1)it wasn't easy at first , i had to read and re-read from the EYFS pack and the training was not that good ,,,then i met the forum :D
2) its not that its more difficult but its more work,, i never use to do as much paper work, never did any written obs or planning etc
3) now because im using EYFS daily and we have no choice ive adapted the way i live, work and play to fit in with it NOT THE OTEHR WAY ROUND ,,EYFS was surpose to fit in with the way we work i find i put EYFS first in everything i do and say
4) oh boy thats hard to say,, its not that i dont like EYFS, but its like an us and them with other settings like nurserys,, we are never equal!! even with EYFS I also think we should have a SEF just for childminders and an EYFS standards for c/m's too because our house can not be a nursery and one person can not do the job that staff do in a nursery!!! etc etc

not much help sorry but any posts you find of mine useful please help yourself
xxx