PDA

View Full Version : winding down , how do i tell parents ?

zillervalley
24-09-2009, 06:36 AM
made a disicion this week i am going to cut my hours back with the hope to finish all together this time next year

24yrs now and think i have had enough

going to talk to first parent to night to see if i can work something out get her fixed with another minder etc

wow cant believe i have told you and actuallt wrote it down ha

ziller

zillervalley
24-09-2009, 06:37 AM
[QUOTE=zillervalley;533644]made a disicion this week i am going to cut my hours back with the hope to finish all together this time next year

24yrs now and think i have had enough

going to talk to first parent to night to see if i can work something out get her fixed with another minder etc

wow cant believe i have told you and actually wrote it down ha

zille

sarah707
24-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Do you have any plans? :D

miffy
24-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Wow, that's a big decision!

I think I'd talk to each parent individually (have to try and see them all very quickly as wouldn't want one telling another iyswim) and then put it in a letter for everyone.

Best of luck

Miffy xx

Demonjill
24-09-2009, 06:52 AM
If its what you want to do then it will all sort it self out.:thumbsup:

This must be why CC want me to have a closure policy including how much notice is given and what you will do to help parents find other care etc and what to do if you need to close your service suddenly!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. And dont leave the forum either!:D

wendywu
24-09-2009, 07:23 AM
I would have thought parents would understand. Its not like you are giving notice to just one family.

You are going to retire:o

zillervalley
24-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Do you have any plans? :D

hi do you mean for the future, well not really but maybe just been able to have hols when i want and have my house back ha

Roseolivia
24-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Congrats. I think after the year you and hubby have had you've made the right choice. You need to spend time together and enjoy it. Good luck with future plans and hope you'll still pop on here.

angeldelight
24-09-2009, 08:27 AM
I would just be honest with parents

Good luck for the future and hope it all works out enjoy your long awaited break

Angel xx

CherryBlossom
24-09-2009, 09:57 AM
All the best for the future!
x

LOOPYLISA
24-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Lots of luck for the future hun, enjoy x

huggableshelly
24-09-2009, 10:16 AM
wow 24 years... thats wonderful and i dont blame you for thinking about retiring and claiming your home back.

i would let all parents know that you plan to retire next year stating a month and then offer them help and support to look for alternative childcare knowing there is no major rush and that you will not have parents panicking 2 wks before you officially close up.

Good Luck to you xxx

clorogue
24-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Gosh just think how many children's lived you have touched and what an achievement to be so proud about!

Is it time just to move on or have you had enough of the childcare altogether?

Wishing you all you wish yourself in whatever you decide to do!:)

zillervalley
24-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Congrats. I think after the year you and hubby have had you've made the right choice. You need to spend time together and enjoy it. Good luck with future plans and hope you'll still pop on here.

thanks rose

this is one of the reasons why i need to wind down, yes i will still pop in now and then to see what you are all up too

thanks foe your support

Chatterbox Childcare
24-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Hope you enjoy your new branch of life.

No more running from A to B

HomefromHome
24-09-2009, 01:27 PM
wow! brave decision. i too had to tell someone i was kicking out the other half otherwise i wouldnt have done it!!!!!!!:eek:

like someone said pick a month next year when you want to be done by then all of you have enough time to prepare plans.

tell them all individually tonight would probably be best - dont want one telling the other!

best wishes for it all x

russell
24-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Hi I too am thinking of packing the job in, after 25 yrs,all my children are going the only ones I seem to be getting enquiries about seem to be before or after school. The only one I have during the day is from 12 till 3 ,3 afternoons I am supposed to be having his sister but not for another couple of months, so could give plenty of notice,but feel awkward when you have already said yes to the little one to change your mind. Also I have looked this families children for 5 and a half years now so would be a change for them. Then what do you do instead, dont feel I could go back to nursing now but I couldnt not work,firstly money secondly boredom. Big decision

zillervalley
24-09-2009, 04:18 PM
well told parents tonight

will finish july next year

i have 2children both at nursery but one morning and one afternoon, those parents are not bothered as i will see them through

one mindee 2yrs just the beginning of september so will miss the intake of nursery next year, today i sorted out another cm for her she is going to think about it,

i thought it best if she got settled with some one now rather than later in the year

she said she was going to chew on it

ziller