PDA

View Full Version : Suspected indecent photos of children at bathtime. What do you think?

Mollymop
23-09-2009, 08:19 PM
http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2009/09/23/innocent-bath-time-photos-lead-to-arrest/

I think it is pretty sad

miffy
23-09-2009, 08:21 PM
What a sad reflection of the way our society's heading!

Poor family :(

Miffy xx

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
23-09-2009, 08:26 PM
i think its awful that we cant even take pics of our kids in the bath without it raising suspition

For a start im doubting a couple of abusers who are abusing their children would take their pictures to Wal-Mart to get them developed. A little bit of common sense would have solved this one

Twinkles
23-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Just ridiculous :panic:

Daddy Day Care
23-09-2009, 09:33 PM
OMG thats terrible, some of my nicest pics of my 2 are them playing in the bath together

Gareth
xx

cher25
23-09-2009, 09:51 PM
This is ridiculous. When i have children, i will take pics of their first bath. There is nothing wrong with it.

My mam has pics of me when i was little in the bath, some of my fave pics were taken when i was in the bath at my aunt's(Rip). But also other pics, which some sicko might claim was indecent. However they weren't and they are now treasured memories for my parent's, of the good day's!
And then some idiot comes along and tries to ruin these thing's by making out our parent's are/were sick people for doing so. It's makes me sooo angry the way this world is going, just to keep some idiots in a job! :angry:

Argh!!! Sorry needed to vent then. lol

LOOPYLISA
23-09-2009, 09:54 PM
What a sad world we live in :(

You open dd's baby album, there are pics of her in the bath, even me in my baby album, well in the sink :thumbsup:

Demonjill
23-09-2009, 09:56 PM
OMG you cant do anything anymore can you?

Dont get me wrong the real bad people should be strung up for what they do to kids but there are lots of situations where people jump to the wrong conclusions!!

Cazz
23-09-2009, 09:57 PM
It is sad that society has come to this - you should be able to take whatever photo's you want of your own children.

I wouldn't have thought that many people take their photo's to be developed these days? - digital camera's and printers at home.

TheBTeam
23-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Think it is really sad, some of the cutest pictures of little ones are in the bath, or just out of the bath laying on a towel naked, the ones you pull out to embarrass them when they are older, stood naked at 18months in a paddling pool!

But then I do not know what makes some people tick!

Cazz
23-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Think it is really sad, some of the cutest pictures of little ones are in the bath, or just out of the bath laying on a towel naked, the ones you pull out to embarrass them when they are older, stood naked at 18months in a paddling pool!

But then I do not know what makes some people tick!

Did you see that programme last night - "To catch a paedophile"? It really turned my stomach. Was mainly about paedophile's who groom children and then arrange to meet them and the police team that pretend to be a child to trap them.

Some of the information about what they had on computers made me feel physically sick. One had a video of himself abusing a 17 month old baby - professional married man, just shows you never know who you walk past in the street. I just can't get my head around anybody getting pleasure from this kind of thing.

angeldelight
23-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Did you see that programme last night - "To catch a paedophile"? It really turned my stomach. Was mainly about paedophile's who groom children and then arrange to meet them and the police team that pretend to be a child to trap them.

Some of the information about what they had on computers made me feel physically sick. One had a video of himself abusing a 17 month old baby - professional married man, just shows you never know who you walk past in the street. I just can't get my head around anybody getting pleasure from this kind of thing.

That is so sick and horrible yet in the paper today it says at least half of these people do not even get a police caution and then you have really sad stories like the one above with the pics and its a crime !!!!???
Our world is crazy

Angel xx

Cazz
23-09-2009, 10:22 PM
That is so sick and horrible yet in the paper today it says at least half of these people do not even get a police caution and then you have really sad stories like the one above with the pics and its a crime !!!!???
Our world is crazy

Angel xx

Totally agree - it's madness.

Daddy Day Care
23-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Our world is crazy

Angel xx

Yeah I read that, couldnt believe it, absolutely shocking

balloon
24-09-2009, 06:47 AM
I think it's sad too, what an awful world we live in now :(

I really feel for the parents and the children in this case.

The thing is though, we have no idea what those photos showed since they haven't been printed publicly so maybe we're being a bit quick to judge somebody (the photoshop clerk) who thought he was protecting children. They may not have shown 3 children sitting 2 foot apart under a mass of bubbles smiling for the camera...

People are often too scared to speak up when they think children are being abused because of backlash if they are wrong, sadly this leads to all sorts of abuse going on right under people's noses.

I totally agree with an abuser probably wouldn't send his/her photos to wallmart to be printed, but then again if he or she was 'educationally challenged' maybe they wouldn't think of that...

Sadly nothing is ever black and white :(

Jules12Wed
24-09-2009, 06:58 AM
How sad for that poor family, their lilves will probably never be the same again.

What a sad world we live in.

Lady Haha
24-09-2009, 08:52 AM
That is shocking! Poor family! I have tons of pics of my son in the bath!!! But even then, I was always aware when taking the pics about the mad world in which we live and made sure his winky was covered every time!!!

I can't imagine the heartache this situation must have caused. Imagine your children being taken away from you for a month and theres absolutely nothing you can do about it. Mad, just mad.

Hebs
24-09-2009, 10:34 AM
they may have been innocent but statistics show most kids are abused by a family member or friend

i was sexually abused for years by my step dad, my sister was abused too and i had no idea it was happening to her and my mum didn't know it was happening to either of us

i doubt a real stranger peado would take the pics to be developed but remember it may not have been as innocent as we are being led to believe :(

i do have pics of my 2 in the bath, but in a bubble bath so their privates are covered... why would you want them on show anyway?? and for others to see (ie the people developing the photos)

aly
24-09-2009, 11:17 AM
I've got pics of my kids in the bath....they do show bits but then they were digital so I wouldnt have asked anyone to rint them.

I wonder if the pic of my eldest in the sink would be taken badly too!!

hannahsstar
24-09-2009, 11:26 AM
I think that the world has gone mad!!!! It's so unfair that genuine, loving parents and families have to be so wary of what the do with their children.

I for one, will still continue to take those innocent snapshots of my children and god help anyone that tries to accuse me of indecent behaviour!!!

So very angry :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

jeanybeany
24-09-2009, 11:28 AM
I have pictures of my kids in the bath, on the changing mat afterwards and being weighed (just born). It is a sad world when we can't even take pictures of our children now, without suspicions being raised, but thats the world we live in.

jeanybeany
24-09-2009, 11:30 AM
OMG you cant do anything anymore can you?

Dont get me wrong the real bad people should be strung up for what they do to kids but there are lots of situations where people jump to the wrong conclusions!!

I totally agree.

sarahlou
24-09-2009, 11:51 AM
I think this is really sad my mum has pictures of me with an all over tan from running around garden naked when I was little (wud get arrested now) - or put me back in the sea!!!. I have pictures of my kids in the bath wot a sad world we live in:(

julie w
24-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I know this isn't the same thing, but still questions the nanny state we're in when common sense cannot seem to be used. My daughter aged 16 is going to Butlins with her college class. One of the girls in her class is age 18 (for the record she only looks about 13) and she has been told she cannot share the other girls room. Apparantly because she is now considered an adult she cannot share with 'children' and must have her own room. I just think it's ridiculous.:angry:

huggableshelly
24-09-2009, 12:20 PM
so sad, the world really has gone mad!

OrlandoBelle
24-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Thats outrageous. I have loads of pics of my son in the bath when he was a baby. I think every parent does. How sad to think we live in a world like this

ORKSIE
24-09-2009, 12:49 PM
How awful for this poor family.
I too hold pics of my two in the bath, like most of us.

But we do hear of such terrible things happening.
Seems to me the authorities are Damned if they do....Damned if they dont.
I do hope that there is not an actual reason why these people were investigated.

If they are innocent then I feel so very sorry for them.

wellybelly
24-09-2009, 12:52 PM
That poor family, the worlds gone mad!

HomefromHome
24-09-2009, 01:05 PM
this is stupid, but....

i kinda agree wi hebs....

i have one shot of my dd in the bath and it is taken floor level so the bath side covers her mostly (ie shoulders and head with hair in silly shampoo mohican!).

even then this was when she was about 2. i have none of her first bath or anything...

this is all due to a horrible story i read about a developer at a digital lab (the ones you send online) who kept a copy of ""indecent"" images of all photo orders he processed.

i would never ever be able to live with myself if i knew someone was usine a pic of my child like that.

it is very very sad the way we live nowadays but it is that and we need to live with it unfortunately.:(