PDA

View Full Version : Variation when baby arrives

carebear25
23-09-2009, 07:29 PM
I asked my inspector today wat the chances would be of the following variation when baby arrives in April.

I have got a 9mth old starting in January for 2 mornings a week, we have not signed contracts yet as 2 early an mum is defo gonna use me.

So in April when my baby is born, mindee will b 1yr old but will make me havin 2 in the early years age plus my baby, which is more than my registration but as mindee will already b in care it is continuality of care.

Inspector said, that the variation people may say NO because I knew I was pregnant an knew it wud put me other numbers? Surely I cant hold off on prospective mindees just because im pregnant...... I said so should I have got mum to sign contract when she asked me bout havin her daughter which I thought a bit stupid as it was so far in future.....

sarah707
23-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Oh for goodness sake! :rolleyes:

Hopefully you'll get somebody who can't count backwards to do the variation request :D

miffy
23-09-2009, 08:47 PM
I've heard of forward planning but that is ridiculous!!!

Miffy xx

CherryBlossom
24-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Hope you get the variation anyway!

carebear25
14-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Both me an mindees mum are now starting to worry bout this, do you think if I contact Ofsted now with all the facts they will give me an answer.

Mum doesnt want her daughter getting settled with me and then come April I cant get the variation so have to look for alternative childminder, or the other option is to put her with another childminder from January which she doesnt want to do... :(

The other thing is it isnt the same 2 days each week so the variatio would have to cover every morning Monday to Friday....

carebear25
16-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Can any1 advise me shud I contact Ofsted do you think they will give me an answer or shud I contact my inspector and ask her again... Mindees Mum is startin 2 worry now bout goin back to work x:panic: :panic:

Zoomie
16-10-2009, 12:19 PM
I would submit a variation request and take it from there. You should know by end of Nov (talk is it takes abt 6 weeks), so that gives mum another month to fine care :)

mabel
16-10-2009, 01:04 PM
I spoke to Ofsted on the phone yesterday
they said you cannot get a variation for a new child to start, only if it is
a sibling to one you are already caring for.

carebear25
16-10-2009, 04:03 PM

The variation will be for a child that will be already in my care as of january but if they wont give me the variation when my baby is born in April, then she wont b coming to me therefore, upsettin both myself an the mum - My ofsted inspector has alot 2 answer for she should of kept quiet

carebear25
21-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Spoke to oftsed and have advised to send in request now an they will look at it thus i will b able to tell mum in 4-6wks whether variation will b granted wish me luck :panic:

Andrea08
21-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Good Luck Hun,

I thought it was 3 children in the early yrs age not two?

Ofsted should look into it for you and just put as much info in the form as possible ok x x x

youarewhatyoueat
21-10-2009, 01:57 PM

They take each request on its own merit, many childminders myself included have had requests granted for new mindees and not for continuity of care. Its always worth asking in writing.

AliceK
21-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Good Luck, hope it all works out.
Maybe you have different numbers due to space or something but I thought it was 3 in the early years group too. I know I'm allowed 2 PLUS my own DD.

xxxxxxx

carebear25
21-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Sorry not put Ive already got a 2yr old of my own...

So from May I will hopefully have:

My own DS age 2.5yrs
My own DS/DD newborn
Mindee age 2.5yrs Tueds, Weds & Fri
Mindee age 1yrs 2 mornings a wk

xx

AliceK
21-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Sorry not put Ive already got a 2yr old of my own...

So from May I will hopefully have:

My own DS age 2.5yrs
My own DS/DD newborn
Mindee age 2.5yrs Tueds, Weds & Fri
Mindee age 1yrs 2 mornings a wk

xx

aah, makes perfect sense then.
Good Luck. Hope Ofsted agree :)

xxx