PDA

View Full Version : How much advertising can we do in school

carebear25
23-09-2009, 07:23 PM
I picked up my mindee 2day and he came out wit an A4 poster wit another childminders details on which he as drawn pictures on. All the other children in his class had them aswel. Are we allowed to do this??????

TheBTeam
23-09-2009, 07:39 PM
A while ago i posted a similar thing, our school children came out with flyers advertising another childminder! I guess if the school will allow it then that is fine, but i think it seems like an endorsement and personally don't think i agree with a school endorsing one childminder over any others. I worked for the dep head of our school caring for her young twins, but still would not expect her to recommend me above anyone else, as it is personal to the parents.

I also would not send flyers out through school, my immediate reaction was people would think i was desperate, which even if I was, i don't think I would want to advertise that fact!:laughing:

sarah707
23-09-2009, 07:45 PM
I was allowed to put up a card once on the infant corridor... but it got taken down when another childminder complained :rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
23-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Our school are great - a group of the minders that attend the school (me included - actually I instigated it) clubbed together to do an information letter for parents (basically saying these are the minders in your area)- printed them up and got them sent out. We have information on the school website and playground notice boards.:clapping: :clapping:

miffy
23-09-2009, 08:34 PM
I suppose it's down to the head teacher at the school.....................

Miffy xx

Zoomie
23-09-2009, 08:41 PM
If you were desparate to fill spaces and this line of advertising was available, could you afford to pass it by?

Frankly I would swollow my pride and advertise too. I don't see it as school endorsing a particular childminder ... no more than schools hand out info on holiday clubs / after school activities.

amanda1309
23-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Our school has a notice board by the main gate and all of the local childminders have a card or leaflet in it.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
23-09-2009, 08:57 PM
My dd1 school will not let us put any posters up or anything as they want people to use the kids club. xx

ChocolateChip
23-09-2009, 09:16 PM
I put an ad in the school newsletter once, and have a new after schoolie because the lovely lady in the office passed the enquiry onto me, but as I used to help in the nursery and do lots of fundraising for them I suppose I came to her mind :D
They also have a small stack of my business cards now- think that's what they call working together :rolleyes:
I have seen posters of another cm on the board but as she is from the town 7 miles away and there are plenty of other minders a bit closer not sure she'll get any business.
I suppose it's up to each school what they allow, as long as it's the same for everyone then that's ok.

charleyfarley
23-09-2009, 09:25 PM
I gave in a poster but never saw it advertised anywhere :mad:

Our school has a before and after school club so can't see them wanting to advertise me as they are losing money :D Sorry I was being smug there:blush:

Carol xx