PDA

View Full Version : CRB HELP PLEASE

shelly03
23-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Hi Ive had mine and my husbands crbs back and his has something on it from when he was 18. Ofsted knows about it and it shouldnt affect me registering but my worry now is what if parents ask to see the CRB form? I dont want people thinking bad of him it was just a juvenile thing but I dont think they would be too pleased. What will I do because obviously they may ask to see checks cant stop thinking about it:panic: anybody else had similar problem.

chewy sweets
23-09-2009, 07:05 PM
I really wouldn't worry So far i haven't had a parent ask to see my crb forms.
Parent's know that you wouldn't have been able to register if you or your partner had any convictions or offences against children. So parents feel ofsted have done all the checks and their children are safe enough!

Hope this Helps!:thumbsup:

Tatjana
26-09-2009, 08:28 AM
You don't need to show them the CRBs. If they ask tell them you have had enhanced CRBs done which Ofsted have copies of and you wouldn't be registered without them.

It is private information you are not obliged to share with parents.

xx

Mollymop
26-09-2009, 11:34 AM
I always tell the parents that we hold enhanced CRb check. They are folded neatly in my policies folder at the back in a plastic display pocket - all the parent can see is our names and addresses on them and they never take them out of the pocket and unfold them and have a nose. #My hubs got in trouble for stealing a pushbike when he was 17! It is on his CRB form and I always make a joke of it when I tell the parents and they all laugh with me about it.
We all did silly things when we are teenagers, so don't worry about it too much x

zoeshildminding
27-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Dont worry about it at all, my husband has a conviction on his from when he was 15, the lady who came to do my inspection said i dont have to mention anything to any parents about it.

take care
zoe x