PDA

View Full Version : environmental health website

Helen79
23-09-2009, 03:42 PM
I had my environmental health inspection in February & didn't realise they put our details on their website until I read it on here.

It's taken a few phone calls but my details have finally been fully removed from their website.
There's only 2 cm in my area so wouldn't have been too difficult for anyone unwanted to find out where I live.

I told them that even ofsted don't publish our names & addresses so they shouldn't be either.

I'm just waiting for confirmation that it's permanent removal, he did say he might not be allowed to do it & would need to check with his supervisor.

Annie_T
23-09-2009, 04:03 PM
oh deary me least you got it done .. i hope

sarah707
23-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Crikey that's not good is it?

Let us know how you get on :D

miffy
23-09-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm glad you've got it taken off for now - hope it is permanent

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
23-09-2009, 06:24 PM
I discovered that this was the case last year. I doubt that they will remove your name. Under European law, all registered food premesis have to be listed. The way around it, according to my Environmental Health Dept, is to give yourself a business name, something completely unrelated to you or childminding. This is then what appears on the web site, albeit with your address, but it in no way then identifies you as being a Childminder.

You may be able to get them to agree to change the entry to reflect your new 'business' name though.