PDA

View Full Version : mindee sibling

leenie
23-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Hi I am new to this and was wondering what other childminders do for siblings regard to charging I have a 3year old and mum is having another baby what do you charge for the second child any help would be great thankyou.

Chimps Childminding
23-09-2009, 05:19 PM
I used to do a discounted charge for siblings. But I now charge the same for both, escpecially under 5's as they are taking up one of your spaces that you could be getting full rate for!

sue m
23-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Agree with Carolyn, I charge the same for both now. :thumbsup:

miffy
23-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Agree with Carolyn, I charge the same for both now. :thumbsup:

Me too!

Miffy xx

Daddy Day Care
23-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Nosiblings here but i wont be giving a discount should soem come along

Gareth
xx

daisyboo1980
23-09-2009, 06:43 PM
i do charge more for the full time under 3's wish i hadnt said i would but im only new and its a learning curve next time i wont at all

Alibali
23-09-2009, 07:43 PM
I offer a 10% discount for the older child

TheBTeam
23-09-2009, 07:48 PM
No discount for siblings, I have also just upped the rate I charge to new families by around 50p per hour, but I have stopped charging anything for my holiday time and that way I can say that I take up to four weeks off, 2 in summer, 1 at christmas and the rest as odd days, and they wont make me feel guilty.

For too long I have felt that i can not let people down, use all my contracted paid holiday, feel guilty for taking any etc, that i have decided that if I am going to continue doing this, I have to be more selfish and sometimes a day for my family needs to be done! If they are not paying me then they have the money to pay someone else.

i also don't run the risk as often happens that i lose the mindee before I have taken any holiday, because I seem to attract a lot of short term work, fical parents etc.

brightstar
23-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Have a family of 5, I take 3 to school, 1 to nursery in the morning and keep 1 til 2pm. No discounts here. Mum has never asked for any. My policy is " don't offer, wait to be asked"

Mollymop
23-09-2009, 07:53 PM
I charge the same for both child, after all they are all taking up a valuable space so why ask for less money? That is my way of looking at it.
Why should we be outta pocket:)