PDA

View Full Version : Daft question about RA's

It's a small world
23-09-2009, 01:44 PM
If your doing a RA for say going to a playgroup...You have a list of things to check IE:

Visual check of car park....
Visual check of playgroup -hot drinks/handbags on floor...
Beware of other cars in car park

and so on..

You have to complete these everytime you go out..My question being do you tick/date/sign whatever when you goet back as you won't be able to ra things till you get there....

does that sound daft???? Rather than having loads of papers I have done my RA's and done a date sheet ie:week one/week two - for a playgroup I visit once a week but some of the RAs I can't assess until Im there IE: Hot drinks/handbags handles/toys etc..

Do I make sense? Probably a really simple answer i know but having a bad time at the moment..

(Sarah I know I have your ebooks but printer broken and dh printing them out at work and almost finished updating my RAs and off to school run in a minute wanted a quick answer as to how everyone does them... Fab books by the way..you are s clever...)

candy cat
23-09-2009, 03:29 PM
I havn't yet started cm.... still waiting for my Crb:( I queried this on my course that if you do say toddlers,park and paddling pool in one day would we have to do RA for each.....I was told yes i would need to risk assess all activities,but if it was a park i used on a regular basis i would have one copy that i would review every few mths.....toddlers the same if it is the same place each week and obviously paddling pool would be one copy to be reviewed.....I think you could go mad with paperwork and all ofsted want is that you have an understanding and see risks around you. cx

sarah707
23-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Thank you! :blush:

I write on mine occasionally when things change, but I don't sign them every time I go out :D

It's a small world
23-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Ok so I don't need to say date them every week we go just say a review date?

Back to the drawing board then

Ripeberry
23-09-2009, 05:24 PM
What I do, is have a RA for the home (all room used for CM), Garden, car ect.
Then about 10 different RA for outings...school run, playgrounds (each individual one), shops (if child walking) and softplays.
Then I have them all made up of each child (the outings RA), because a 1yr old can get into different trouble from a 3yr old.
Luckily at the moment I only have two mindees, a 1yr old 3 times a week (25hrs) and a 3yr old for only 5 hours.
I have a big A4 diary and in it I name the children who will be with me and the contracted hours, then I have the 'plan' of what we are doing today and I note that the RA has been checked and OK'd.
Then at the bottom of the diary I write to say the daily checks have been done (have a list on the front of diary) and I note the fridge temp.
I just figured that this was the best way to note everything without using up loads of paper and anyway, I'm useless at making forms on the computer :o

It's a small world
23-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Not sure Ive explained myself...

So I don't need to tick/date/or sign to say an RA has been done (obviously will do a dummy run beforehand.) I have noted visual checks...but if going to a playgroup some RAs can't be done until you get there so cannot tick to say you have done this until you get back

Decided to change them all and have List of RAs identified/ What actions to be taken/or have been taken before go and then at the bottom a section stating other RAs identified/action taken and date etc.

Guess this will be ok? Would be happy to email someone if they would check it over for my cant attache on here for some reason.