PDA

View Full Version : Risk assessment ... could I be really cheeky ....

Lainey Lou
23-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi there, I'm due to go on a risk assessment course next month, but want to get something in place before then as Ofsted first inspection is looming. I have a daily and weekly checklist for the house, car, garden which seem to be working okay but am abit confused about what to put on the others. Do you have a std form that you use for all risk assessments and then just fill it in for each outing, unsure how much detail I need to put on? Could I be really cheeky and ask if anyone got one completed for a lets say a playgroup that I can just have a look at then adapt it for me? Thanks :)

Ripeberry
23-09-2009, 11:01 AM
There was a thread about South Gloucestershire council making RA forms that cover everything in the home and RA for outings
www.sgcyp.org.uk and look for the 'childminder support'.

specks4
23-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Hi

If you go to play group and things like that, they should have their own risk assessment and you could ask for a copy of it and then adjust to the childrne you look after.

I went on the course lastnight and they told us about asking the places we go to for their risk assessment.

The outting ones are gonna be slighty different depending on here you are travelling so you would have one for the car, one for walking, etc. These can be standard forms but must be checked everytime you have new mindee start with you.

Daftbat
23-09-2009, 11:23 AM
I have some which you could have a copy of to give you an idea. pm me with your email address and i'll send them to you.

miffy
23-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Some here to give you an idea too

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/eyfs/risk.html

Miffy xx