PDA

View Full Version : OH MY GOD!!!!

LisaMcNally09
23-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Ive got my mindees little sister today as a one off...she's 18months old!!

I dont know if its just me but its nap time for them both so have mindee on the nap mat and the little girl in her pram!! Im sat pushing her to rock her to sleep and she's pulled her socks off....anyway shes got her toe nails painted and it looks like they have been manicured!!!

It might just be me but its shocked me!!!!:laughing:

EllaBella
23-09-2009, 09:53 AM
before being a cm, i was a creative nail technician, and i did paint my daughters toes when she was younger... because she watched me do mine and wanted hers done, i think it teaches them to take cae of themselves, however i didnt go as far as giving her the foot massage and pedicure :laughing: ... to a nail tech, unpainted nails are just a blank canvas that neeeeeeeeds to be prettified.

LisaMcNally09
23-09-2009, 09:55 AM
I think its me then!! hahaha It made me laugh out loud!!! Its probably to do with me not even painting my own toe nails never mind my dd's!!!:laughing:

EllaBella
23-09-2009, 09:59 AM
my daughter is 11 now and i refguarly paint her toes and give her pedicures,and do pretty designs on the toes too, i manicure her nails when we are having a girly night, and i do her friends too, i do henna all over her feet and paint her nails some hidiously bright coulors in the school holidays:laughing: .

she doesnt have anything on in school time tho, i think its just me, if she didnt want it done i wouldnt do it. even my mate gets her hoofs out still and begs me to do them

FussyElmo
23-09-2009, 10:08 AM
No it would shock me too, that she got the child to sit while she did it:laughing:

No seriously not shocked at the nails being painted but think a pedicure is too much :)

EllaBella
23-09-2009, 10:23 AM
believe me some people do give pedis to their lo's!!!!! the younges child i ever did nails fr was 5 and her mum was a regular client of mine and it was a treat for the girl to have her nails painted. i wouldnt agree to be pedicuring an 18 month!!! but most babys i have seen have the most perfect little toes so with paint on may look pedicured.

one lady asked me to put acrylic nails on her 6 year old, i politley said no, lots of reasons, health and safety, nail damage ect ect.... and im not going to be making a 6 year old look like a woman!! :mad:

oh and....ahem....i painted my daughters toes pink when she was about 14 months ...when she was asleep:eek: :littleangel: . i didnt see anythig wrong with it at the time.

Helen79
23-09-2009, 10:29 AM
i wouldn't have painted dd's nails at this age but do now she's older (4)

if ds who's same age as your mindee wanted his doing while dd was having hers done I'd paint his toe nails.

I had to draw a 'tattoo' on his arm with a felt tip pen last week cos dd had a spiderman transfer tattoo from a box of sweets. He was so upset he didn't have one too. He keeps looking at his arms now it's washed off wondering where it's gone :laughing:

Twinkles
23-09-2009, 11:58 AM
My mindee arrived at my house last week with bright red finger nails .....HE has an older sister :rolleyes:

LisaMcNally09
23-09-2009, 12:02 PM
My mindee arrived at my house last week with bright red finger nails .....HE has an older sister :rolleyes:

Ive led a very sheltered life!!!:blush:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tam's Tribe
23-09-2009, 12:48 PM
I am not a girly girl but do paint my toenails . . . and both my boys wanted theirs done with they were about 2 yrs old (they are now 9 and 4) . . . and I did it . . . my little one kept showing everyone but after that they never asked again . . . realised they were not missing out on anything . . . just curiosity is all!!! . . . it was funny, especially when my hubby got home . . . he was horrified and my mother in law and I were just laughing!! :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
23-09-2009, 12:57 PM
my daughter is 11 now and i refguarly paint her toes and give her pedicures,and do pretty designs on the toes too, i manicure her nails when we are having a girly night, and i do her friends too, i do henna all over her feet and paint her nails some hidiously bright coulors in the school holidays:laughing: .

she doesnt have anything on in school time tho, i think its just me, if she didnt want it done i wouldnt do it. even my mate gets her hoofs out still and begs me to do them

Me and dd do this too :thumbsup:

youarewhatyoueat
23-09-2009, 12:57 PM
My 14 year old dd got bored one night and unbeknown to me painted her 4 year brothers toe and finger nails so when he went to school last week I didn't have enough time to clean them so he went in with bright pink nails.

LOOPYLISA
23-09-2009, 12:59 PM

Me and dd painted hubbys toe nails :laughing: :thumbsup:

Should add he was asleep :p

funtoplay
23-09-2009, 01:08 PM
A few months ago I caught my 24 month old sat on the sofa painting her toes herself. My older daughter must have left her polish out!!...She was actually making quite a good job of it!!!!!

J

little chickee
23-09-2009, 01:28 PM
i don't have any problem with painted toenails on a toddler. my youngest son now 6 has always liked to have his nails - fingers and toes painted- i remember once taking off his socks at swimming lessons and realising that i had forgotten his toenails were painted 1 pink, 1 blue, 1 pink, 1 blue etc.!

i dont let him have his nails painted now he is at school but will do them at the weekend if he wants. i'm quite laid back about things like this i don't think its a big deal and my other 2 sons grew out of it by the time they were 7 or 8.

leenie
23-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi the little one i childmind is 7 and he has an older sister of 19 and he came in the holidays with painted toenails and he had swiped her lip gloss lol

Curly Quavers
28-09-2009, 05:08 PM
I don't have a problem with it my girls have toes nails painted all the time and finger only in the holidays, however I think it should only be done if the child asks for it. Not just because mum wants to.