PDA

View Full Version : baby's daily diary

Helen79
23-09-2009, 09:27 AM
just wondering what you write on a tiny baby's daily diary?

I look after a 5 month old & often haven't got much to write. I obviously put sleep, nappy & feed times but in the activity section, there's often not much to write. Everyday I seem to be writing J played with the rattles & we read stories.
I often write wow moments but at this age the day is often just filled with eating & sleeping. I don't want parents thinking that I don't do anything with her though.

Demonjill
23-09-2009, 09:35 AM
I think they will understand there is not much happening at this stage.

Every day LO could be closer to a new milestone such as sitting up or making a new sound or taking an interest in a different toy. Treasure baskets are fab too.

Soon you will have lots to write!:eek:

sunnysmile
23-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I feel the same way with the little one I mind, I just add in our walks to park games of peek a boo etc.

venus89
23-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm the same. I write about what he seems to be interested in and so on but a lot of it is repetition as we tend to do myuch the same each day

mabel
23-09-2009, 11:01 AM
why don't you sing a rhyme to her the sameone every 2/3 days and notice her response
1st time she may just look at you
but by the 3/4/5th you may have finger/arm movement
recognition smiles, rocking even note her facial features, they are all obs.

or give her a beaker and add different things into it for her to find a wooden bricks/ plastic spoon/ plastic food

leenie
23-09-2009, 02:33 PM
I have a 6month old i mind and i know what you mean about the daily diary what are the treasure boxes someone wrote about i am new to this site so just finding my way around cant wait till i can access some of the great links people have put on this site everyone seems to make you feel welcome thankyou.:)

The Juggler
23-09-2009, 09:44 PM
I think at this age parents are more concerned about food, sleeps, nappies etc. I wouldn't worry. If they particulary respond to something with smiles, sounds etc then note that. Noting smiles, giggles is always nice. I have never taken younger than 8 months so they are doing/noticing more at this age but daily diaries are there to reassure the parents at this age really.

TheBTeam
23-09-2009, 09:54 PM
I also note how they were when they woke, ie woke happily, or woke but very restless etc

As others have said it is as much about meeting their needs at this stage, so noting this down in detail, ie amount of milk etc shows a lot about their day.

singlewiththree
24-09-2009, 06:14 AM
I have a 6month old i mind and i know what you mean about the daily diary what are the treasure boxes someone wrote about i am new to this site so just finding my way around cant wait till i can access some of the great links people have put on this site everyone seems to make you feel welcome thankyou.:)

Treasure baskets are great for any age. They include natural objects that you would find around the house that are safe, you still need to sit closely with younger children though as you can use pinecones, natural spongues that sort of thing. The idea is that children only seem to get to play with plastic nowadays and not the variety of textues that we did as children so you put together things like wooden spoons, metal spoons, safe mirrors, different fabric such as felt, fake fur and other natural objects that the child can tough and feel. Its cheaper to make your own up from odd bits at pound shops. This website will give up an idea of what to put in it.

http://www.contentedchild.co.uk/thecontentedchildbasket.htm