PDA

View Full Version : New Mindee

Pipsqueak
23-09-2009, 08:31 AM
The little ones I have mentioned and have taken on as emergency for the next 3 days - the 15 month old is gorgeous. She is sooooo sweet (and currently asleep).

They both arrived this morning full of the joys and have remained so, O went into school with james no probs and announced to his teacher before i got a chance that 'Vicky is my new childminder' lol
Bear in mind I only met the kids last night for the first time for a little over half an hour.

PixiePetal
23-09-2009, 08:35 AM
See they really like you :) , are you sure you can't fit them in somehow on a more permanent basis?

Tam's Tribe
23-09-2009, 08:36 AM
ahhhh thats so sweet! . . . well done you for making them happy so quickly.

What is O gonna do after the 3 days?

Polly2
23-09-2009, 08:36 AM
You must have made a good impression pip :thumbsup:

Demonjill
23-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Thats fab news. Well done.:clapping: :clapping:

sunnysmile
23-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Thats fantastic news. :clapping:

Hebs
23-09-2009, 09:38 AM
oh pip you really need to keep these ones somehow :(

maybe get an "assistant" like another minder i know :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
23-09-2009, 12:23 PM
EM is sooooooo sweet. I have been wracking my head to see if there is ANY way i can do this.

Hebs - sorry I didn't answer your text last night - was just going to bed and i was out of credit! I had thought about your suggestion.

i am currently getting lots of pix of this baby girl - if you ask her to dance she does this really cute wiggle. She hasn't cried or grumbled once (yet), she is really 'chatty' and has the most infectious giggle. She is a really happy content baby - giggled her head of at my neighbours dog.

Iz is being really good with her but she is not used to babies at all.

Mind you I had forgotten what its like to have a young baby in the house - keeps you on your toes:D

Hebs
23-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Hebs - sorry I didn't answer your text last night - was just going to bed and i was out of credit! I had thought about your suggestion.

:thumbsup: you know you could :D :p

Pipsqueak
23-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Thought it was too good to be true.
Just been approached by a minder in the playground asking me if I was minding these kids. Said yes, temporarily. Apparently this family owe that minder a LOT of money and they were asked to leave a nursery due to unpaid fees as well.

I thought I'd seen the older child with that minder before.

Now, I am not one to go along with gossip and I will make up my own mind but perhaps I have had a lucky escape??? Although i didn't ask for an upfront payment at the signing of contracts. Going to do an invoice in a minute and give it to the dad tonight.

PixiePetal
23-09-2009, 03:41 PM
I hope you get your money. Good luck :)

Money up front if you do keep them then and deposit. :rolleyes:

Hebs
23-09-2009, 04:47 PM
:angry: hate parents like this :angry:

Pipsqueak
23-09-2009, 04:56 PM
:angry: hate parents like this :angry:

I'll reserve judgement and see. I have given the invoice to him tonight and he just said thanks. i said it will be due by Friday and he said no probs.
There could be other issues with the other places and the other minder (who seems to have problems with all her other parents paying as well) is giving me gossip about the nursery (re the unpaid bill).

Mind its still a LOT of money to loose for the 3 days if they don't pay. And what with losing a weeks money next week when (if) Harry goes into hospital - i thought that these 3 days worth of money would be great to cover it for next week

Little Mindee EM is adorable though - hasn't grumped or grizzled all day apart from the last 20 minutes. Eaten loads!!! Iz has played nicely with her and James has enjoyed having O here too.

miffy
23-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Oh I hope you get your money Pip

Miffy xx

Hebs
23-09-2009, 05:00 PM
it would be a shame if they do mess you about :( cos it sounds like they fit in really well

Lady Haha
24-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Thought it was too good to be true.
Just been approached by a minder in the playground asking me if I was minding these kids. Said yes, temporarily. Apparently this family owe that minder a LOT of money and they were asked to leave a nursery due to unpaid fees as well.

I thought I'd seen the older child with that minder before.

Now, I am not one to go along with gossip and I will make up my own mind but perhaps I have had a lucky escape??? Although i didn't ask for an upfront payment at the signing of contracts. Going to do an invoice in a minute and give it to the dad tonight.

So, did you get the upfront payment or not:panic: