PDA

View Full Version : He turned up in a swim nappy today!!

venus89
23-09-2009, 07:27 AM
HAvin g come on Friday with one spare nappy (and being told I could just 'pop round' to pick up anything Mum had forgotten) and yesterday with no spares at all I'm told this morning that they are having a 'nappy crisis' - and 15 month old rolled up in a swim nappy with no spares :laughing:

What can you do?!

sweets
23-09-2009, 07:31 AM
OMG! you have to laugh though don't you.
I would go out and buy a pack of nappies and leave them at your house and charge mum for them.

EllaBella
23-09-2009, 07:36 AM
I dont drive so things like this really annoy me, its a trek for me to get into town and buy them! (which is why im moving next month) buy the nappies and charge the parent, maybe if you charge a little more it will deter them from re offending.

grindal
23-09-2009, 07:37 AM
Sometimes it is a genuine mistake - years ago, my childminder told me she needed more nappies and I forgot and had to drive to hers via a shop during a free lesson cos I felt so bad about forgetting my childrens needs!

katickles
23-09-2009, 07:53 AM
great!!!

I would go & buy some & charge mum :rolleyes:

venus89
23-09-2009, 08:07 AM
I did buy some yesterday and charge Mum (not that she's paid) AND kept them here so I'm OK for nappies.

BUT...... a) the poor kid just has T shirts today (so I've piled 3 on him to walk to school and back)

and I've just discovered she didn't pack any wipes either, and she didn't give permission for me to use her wipes on him, they have to be special eco friendly ones.... and he's just done a poo.

Now I am actually fuming.

There's a strong part of me that's wanting to phone her at work and tell her to bring me some wipes.

Sadly it would be her Dad who'd have to do that so it would have no effect on her at all.

Off to the shops....... for us. Only just got the poor little things out of the pushchair :panic:

EllaBella
23-09-2009, 08:17 AM
charge her for the t shirts!!!!! :angry:

I know it doesnt help you right now, but i have a policy, stating that children need to come with appropriate clothing, ie wellies coats or sun hats depending on weather, i walk everyhwere so when iv got to get to school and some paernt has dropped little one off in shorts and vest top!!!!!!!!!! its just darn awkward, I ended up dressing him in my daughters clothing that was huge, but had to get to school, for the other kids.

I am always frank with parents, sometimes they just dont think, or they think its ok we just stay at home all day so a t shirt is ok

my sister uses a cm (not me thankfully:laughing: :laughing: ) she drops them off in pjs, sometimes, forgets pants, forgets school coats, bags, lunch, this would drive me insane, and iv told the childminder to just charge her for the socks, pants and stuff she is having to dig out for my neice and nephew...my sister and her husband both have very high powered jobs:rolleyes: but cant manage to get 2 kids ready with all the clothing :rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
23-09-2009, 08:37 AM
good old fashioned cotton wool, warm water and soap to change babys' bum in side of the wipes.

charge the parent on this weeks bill for nappies.

venus89
23-09-2009, 10:08 AM
good old fashioned cotton wool, warm water and soap to change babys' bum in side of the wipes.

charge the parent on this weeks bill for nappies.

I bought some more wipes. Which will be charged for and I will keep here.

I appreciate people forget - we all have moments buut she's provided one clean nappy in the last three days, inadequate clothing and on Friday not enough food. Plus no wipes today. If you just read that list you'd think of neglect...... Only I'm sure these parents know that we'll make up for their errors.

sunnysmile
23-09-2009, 10:10 AM
These are basic needs of a child and I know people are busy and do forget but it is ridiculous.

tashaleee
25-09-2009, 06:15 AM
Think it happens to all of us at some point... I have had 2 dropped off in PJs today so far today... at least mum remembered the hairbrush this time(!) but shame she didnt put in socks for the little one and I have a playgroup this morning and he has 'normal' big shoes rather than trainers ..... any ideas what Im meant to do on that one? :rolleyes:

Oh yes and I did check the bag this time but Im not at my best before 7am (and it was 6.30!) and I knew something was missing but not what - better than last time when they forgot a coat and a lunchbox I guess :laughing:

On a serious note I would deal with the parents if it was serious - you have other kids to look after and you 'HAVE' to have the equipment, otherwise it makes life difficult and has an impact on the others. I have a mum who is bad with nappies and wipes, so she gives me the money and I bury them -easier that way!

Leannetrim
25-09-2009, 06:46 AM
omg thats terriable. When I was looking after my niece she never cane in a coat or bought spare clothes !!!!!!

mama2three
25-09-2009, 08:11 AM
we regularly had children coming into playgroup without coats etc , dropped off in the car and no thought about going outside for a walk or to play. Wrote a poem and put a huge copy of it on the notice board which helped a bit

we love to go outside to play
even on a chilly day
so if you bring me in the car
please bring a nice warm jacket , ta!

green puppy
25-09-2009, 01:01 PM
:clapping: Great little rhyme!