PDA

View Full Version : Help with EY2 please

huggableshelly
23-09-2009, 06:41 AM
Quick outline ....

I had a student work with me for 2 wks last year covered by employee liability insurance and school documentation. during this past summer she has come each day to play with the children but has never been left alone with them she was 15.

Now she is 16 and still in fulltime school but would like to come and help in the october half term so I need to fill in the EY2 form right? I do not pay her anything though i did give her a bit for helping out as cash in hand as she is fantastic with my own children and i was happy to allow her to take mine out for a walk on her own (I know not really sposed too but they were my children not minded children).

I do not and will not be relying on her to increase my numbers so does this mean she is :
an individual making up the registered person whose prime purpose is to provide childcare and you intend to work directly with the children.
or not? She will be working directly with the children under supervision and never left alone as she has no first aid.

ALSO I understand she will then need to be self employed and declare her earning which isnt a problem as I'll have 9 kiddies booked in (3 under 8 all others over 8) so I am financially able to pay her a daily fixed agreed wage for the days I have all children but on the days i have less children (wed I will only have 3) I will not be offering her a wage so need to draw up a working agreement.

ok my head is rattling but if anyone knows the answer then I can sort the forms out with her and her parents asap and hopefully get her cleared for october.

sarah707
23-09-2009, 07:00 AM
How about paying her a percentage of the total business income? That might be fairer on both of you.

Yes she needs and EY2 - Pauline has put a copy in free downloads.

Not sure if you need to register her as your assistant... I am doing that with Bec as soon as she hits 16. It might give you a little more flexibility when going to the loo :laughing:

huggableshelly
23-09-2009, 07:05 AM
so do you reckon i can tick the option to state she is working on the premises where childcare is provided then instead of being

an individual making up the registered person whose prime purpose is to provide childcare and you intend to work directly with the children.

sarah707
23-09-2009, 07:26 AM
so do you reckon i can tick the option to state she is working on the premises where childcare is provided .[/B]

Yes I would say that :D

huggableshelly
23-09-2009, 09:15 AM
I've just called Ofsted and to be honest I'm quite shocked LOL

Ofsted said that as she will not be left with the children at any time she does not need to complete an EY2 for a CRB!

So i questioned this again due to the fact that any adult who is working within a child based enviroment would normally need a CRB even if just reading as a volunteer within a school so as she will be here as a volunteer working on the premesis does this then mean she needs a CRB and will never be left alone with the children as no first aid is in place.

ANSWER is yes she does need a CRB as a volunteer within a child based setting so I will be ticking off the over 16 working on the premesis and not the working as an assistant yay which is what we have already decided anyway LOL.

also this way it means I can pay her cash in hand without employing her and well anyway thats private but you get the idea hee hee.

Why do they make these things so complicated!