PDA

View Full Version : i feel awlful......

babs
22-09-2009, 09:41 PM
had to record my 1st injury today,and i feel awlful was at playgroup with 1 of my mindees as other one was havin her injections,and while helpin to clear up toys turned back for 2 seconds, while mindee went off to pick up some more toys another little girl bit her on top of her arm breakin the skin, i turned to see another mum tryin to pull off the other girl while still attached to my mindee. this little one is well known for biting and pinching but still dont make me feel any better, there was nothin i cud do only comfort her and make sure wound was clean..... not even a sorry grandmother just picked her up took her out ....

ORKSIE
22-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Awwww Blesss her.
I have had mindees who have been bittten by children not in my setting and have been bitten by mindees in setting:eek:
it awful either way.
Hope Mindee is ok now:)

tulip0803
22-09-2009, 09:48 PM
:( You are right that there is nothing you can do about that kind of thing. My little mindee (15m) was stung by a wasp the other day - I sat her on the floor (bum shuffler) and turned to get the toy box and it must have settled on her and she must have tried to brush away as it stung her behind the ear. I felt sooooooo guilty too:( .

If the other is known for bititng the grandma should not take her eyes off her. I know it is very common at that age but you can often anticipate if they are watched.

mama2three
23-09-2009, 07:20 AM
its awful isnt it , much worse than if it happened to your own child. sounds like the grandma was almost right in how she dealt with it - no fuss or attention just taking the biter out of the room. but she should still have come back to check your mindee was ok - or even passed on a message saying sorry or something. hope the lo's ok.

babs
23-09-2009, 06:34 PM
mindee ok today keeps telling everyone she has a poorly on her arm .. bless... playgroup again tomorrow see how she acts once we get there as mum said she kept sayin she didnt want to go back did ask mum if she wanted me to leave it this thursday but said just take her see what happens ..

miffy
23-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Are the playgroup staff aware what happened today so that they can keep an eye on her?

Hope she's OK tomorrow

Miffy xx

babs
06-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Hi folks .. update on the biting. yes playgroup do know this little one bites and pinches all the time. i was warned just hadnt had her pointed out to me .. anyway since event the lo i mind bit me the week after,i wasnt happy sat her down explained it was naughty and shes not done it since . Today went to p/g as norm and little girl that bit my mindee was at in again and her aunty ( i think ) grabbed hold of her and pinched her really hard because she was pinching others kids. at the time i was talkin to her explainin that when she pinches or bites it hurts the other children and they may not want to play with her she was just about to say sorry when her aunt grabbed her didnt even give the lo a chance, just pinched her and walked her off... i just sat there gob smacked thinkin your tellin her its naughty but then go and pinch her urself.....:panic: .... not really teaching the lo anything ... she must be so confused ..

ORKSIE
06-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Yep you are right, she must not pinch or bite her to make a point, the LO does not realise what "Auntie" is trying to put across.
"Auntie" needs to be told what she is doing to the LO is not the way to handle this!

miffy
07-10-2009, 06:42 AM
Hi folks .. update on the biting. yes playgroup do know this little one bites and pinches all the time. i was warned just hadnt had her pointed out to me .. anyway since event the lo i mind bit me the week after,i wasnt happy sat her down explained it was naughty and shes not done it since . Today went to p/g as norm and little girl that bit my mindee was at in again and her aunty ( i think ) grabbed hold of her and pinched her really hard because she was pinching others kids. at the time i was talkin to her explainin that when she pinches or bites it hurts the other children and they may not want to play with her she was just about to say sorry when her aunt grabbed her didnt even give the lo a chance, just pinched her and walked her off... i just sat there gob smacked thinkin your tellin her its naughty but then go and pinch her urself.....:panic: .... not really teaching the lo anything ... she must be so confused ..

That's horrible!!!!!!

I agree with you and Orksie - this won't teach her anything!

Miffy xx

angeldelight
07-10-2009, 06:46 AM
Oh that is not going to stop her biting is it she will think its ok if Auntie does it to her how confusing for her

Maybe playgroup could have a nice friendly chat with the parents

Angel xx