PDA

View Full Version : Fairly urgent q's - please help!

kellyg
27-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi all

Sorry if what I ask has been covered over and over but I have just nipped on while DD is quiet. I have a few questions regarding fee's so wanted your advice please.

I have a lady coming tonight to view my setting as her little boy may have to leave his current mider due to possible allergy to her dog and if she does I may have to take him on in a few days, full time; my questions are:

Do you as general rule take a deposit?
If so would you charge this lady as its such sudden thing?
If you do not charge a deposit do you charge 1 month up front maybe?

Do you have an addition form for parents to sign to say they have read and understood and agree to your policies as the NCMA contracts do not seem to have this? Do you have a form to sign agreeing to pay fee's by a certain date?

Urm, think thats it, for now lol.

Cheers all :thumbsup:

Banana
27-02-2008, 04:37 PM
If the care is going to start in a few days then I wouldnt charge a deposit. But would ask for fees in advance either weekly or monthly.

Yes - have a policy form for them to sign to say that they have read, understood and agreed to the poilices

The fees should be paid on the date agreed in your contract. You can cover this under the section 'additional information'

Good luck with the enquiry

x

kellyg
27-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Thank you x

sarah707
27-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Just a thought - make sure it says very clearly somewhere that you have a month's settling in period and either party can terminate (with full fees) within that month if it all goes horribly wrong... you've only got mother's word for it being an allergy issue!

Hope I'm wrong, but always cover yourself. Good luck! :D

miffy
27-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Just wanted to wish you good luck

Let us know how it goes

Miffy xx

angeldelight
27-02-2008, 07:15 PM
I agree fully with Sarah about settling in policy

Good luck

Angel xx

Tily Bud
27-02-2008, 08:33 PM
cant really add anything but didnt want to read and run xx

LittleMissSparkles
29-02-2008, 10:21 AM
good luck with it all everyone has already answered your questions x

Heaven Scent
29-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Payment details are in your policies and they sign to say they've read them then thats that everyone answered your q's so good luck. I'd ask parent who current childminder is and get her details from CIS website and adk her if that is real reason. I've done that already infact old childminder beat me to it by minurtes by calling me because she heard parent was messing me about with fees and I was really glad of her input. Parent doesn't think her behavour is a problem because she has done it with all childminders in the area and I was glad I was prepared for her. It has been confirmed that childminder is moving to France and has been minding children for a few years. Mother freely gave me name of present childminder and told me that she goes to the same mums and tots as me and then has continued to lie through her teeth to me about being away with the girls when she was still taking them to her and about reductions that the other minder had given her. I am glad that I am prepared and am now able to show her who's boss as far as my business is concerned - as once she knows you won't take her messing about she toes the line.

I took the girls on as they are supposed to be lovely and despite trlying to chip away at what she pays you she is a regular payer all on vouchers and I have asked it for each Monday in advance and will bill her for extras at the end of the week, apparently she always has extras but says she won't before she starts.

The other reason I took her on was because I'm not full and I need the money so much to buy when starting up and secondly not sure about mum of my two full timers as I mentioned before she is on an 8mth contract and that is due to finish in June and she has done ICP she hasn't said if she intends finishing in June to childmind or if there has been any talk of her contract being extended and because of this I asked for 8 weeks notice of her leaving cause of 2 children full time so much income to lose and have agreed to give her 8 weeks as it may be difficult to find 3 F/T places. I just thought it was more fair that way.

Celine