PDA

View Full Version : 8 year old mindee being a bit of a pain

Lily Grace
22-09-2009, 07:42 PM
I need to have a chat with one of my mindees. She is 8 and can be a bit of a madam sometimes but the last two weeks she has really been driving me mad. My little boy has had a cold and he hasn't been happy and has been a bit whingy, he is always happy so I told her to leave him alone as he isn't well. She didn't listen and after a while she came into the kitchen and told me he is getting on her nerves he is always crying and I said he has a cold leave him alone. She then said he always has a cold!! The next day she was playing with him in the living room and he walked into the kitchen with his trousers round his ankles now I know he didn't do it as my little girl told me she had done it.

Today she was walking with my little girl home from school and my little girl told me she said she would throw my DD's book bag in the road. Do you think I should tell her mum as there have been a few things I am not happy with or should I have a chat with mindee first.

sarah707
22-09-2009, 07:45 PM
I'd go with a 2 pronged attack...

Speak to mum and share your concerns, especially if there's a safeguarding issue going on. 8 year olds should know better than to pull children's trousers down. That's not good.

Also speak to the girl and work on a behaviour goal for improving things.

At the end of the day if an over 8 impacts on the care of little ones, you must (by law) terminate. It is in the best interests of the girl and her parents to work with you on this one.

Good luck! :D

HomefromHome
22-09-2009, 07:47 PM
mmm. i think i would try and talk to the mindee first.... is she worried about anything, has anything/one upset her. explain you're a bit worried about her as she seems unhappy. then explain she can talk to you about anything. somehow work into it that if she is upset to talk to you and not to upset the other children (dont name them). i would say that if 1 child is upset, then sometimes all the other children can get upset too.

hope this helps?!:o

miffy
22-09-2009, 07:48 PM
I agree with Sarah - you need to speak to both mum and mindee.

I'd also make a record of all these incidents and your concerns........... just in case!

Miffy xx

Lily Grace
22-09-2009, 08:02 PM
hi thanks for replies I think i will write down all the things she has done. I will have a chat with her tomorrow. If it continues then i will tell her mum, it is her whole attitude towards me at the moment as well. Everyone has there own hooks for their coats but she just drops her coat on the floor like she is trying to wind me up!