PDA

View Full Version : finnding time

jaytravis
22-09-2009, 06:22 PM
dont know how im gonna do it i start my ou e100 course in oct childmind from 7.30 - 7.30 have fridays off but some how have volentered to work all day at my littles ones school have been asked to be a school govner and do the pta
helpppppppppppppppppppppp

Demonjill
22-09-2009, 06:46 PM
wow

Dunno bout you but there is only 24 hours in my day lol

Good luck. It might work out better than you think but you will need to sit down and account for every minute of your week and be prepared to give something up if need be.

sarah707
22-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Diary it!

whether it's 3 hours on a Tuesday night or 4 hours on a Sunday afternoon...

Put it in your diary, close the door and they'll all have to cope :D

The Juggler
22-09-2009, 06:59 PM
I had a day free, like you, when I started. It was a life-saver even though it was only between 0930 and 1430 school drops/pick ups. I carried on being a governor whilst doing my foundation degree but I have now resigned for the third year as I have too much on my plate. Still on local children's centre management committee though:rolleyes:

I also tried keeping up my school volunteering and did a term but then I was just honest, said too much homework/studying and needed the full day to study.

Sarah's right though book your time in! at the weekend, get the kids sorted and try to get a least 5 hours done. I used to do early mornings, spend time with kids, then in middle of day when dh took them out would get a good block done. Hated evening study but got in the swing in second year, during the week as needed the extra time. I hadn't discovered this forum then though so am going to have to control my addition this year or will never make graduation!

miffy
22-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Sounds like you're going to be very busy!

perhaps you could just do half a day in school and use the other half to study?

Good luck with it all

Miffy xx

Allie
22-09-2009, 07:10 PM
I did the old E123 followed by the E124 at the same time as the Cert Ed cm for 40 hours and teaching for the NCMA!

The only way is to plan time to do the course and STICK TO IT, I often got up early as I am no good late at night.

My main tips are look at the asignments first and work towards them and write down any quotes together with where to find them (references) so you don't waste time on exercises you will not use or trying to find that quote again

Allie