PDA

View Full Version : help with re writing house rules

sweets
22-09-2009, 05:10 PM
as the title says i want to rewrite my house rules. i did them a year ago and have just printed some out to go in a parent pack and while i was looking at them i realised that most of them seem a bit negative!

I have ones like, don't jump on the sofa, shoes off in the lounge etc.

How can i make them sound a bit more positive rather than don't do that and don't do this!

If i minded older children i would ask for their input but i only mind under 5's.

what sort of things do you have on yours?

gegele
22-09-2009, 05:23 PM
i decided to do the house rules tomorrow as i have all my biggen

I'm going to ask them what we shoul write and put on the why as well. for exemple we always wash our hand before eating, after toilet and touching animals... because it's hygienic.
and I will do the same with safe, friendly...:thumbsup:

sarah707
22-09-2009, 05:32 PM
They are not rules - they are goals!

We take off our shoes to keep the floor clean

We sit at the table when we eat and drink

We are kind and helpful...

Get the children to write and decorate them. If they take ownership they are more likely to manage them better :D

mama2three
23-09-2009, 06:20 AM
we did ours yesterday - ds and mindees 'helped' with some rather unusual suggestions ( on house rules thread ). all of their suggestions when we talked about rules were negative - dont kick etc , and with a little coercing we managed to work out what that would be that we should be doing. so our rules ( soon to be changed to goals , thanks sarah , thankfully theyre on the white board!)
we are kind to each other
we look after our toys and books and share with each other.
we remember when to say please , thankyou and sorry.
we eat and drink at the table.
we take our shoes off inside.
we sit nicely on the furniture.

Twinkle
23-09-2009, 07:20 AM
They are not rules - they are goals!

We take off our shoes to keep the floor clean

We sit at the table when we eat and drink

We are kind and helpful...

Get the children to write and decorate them. If they take ownership they are more likely to manage them better :D

I found putting photos of the children demonstrating the rules helps too :)