PDA

View Full Version : Adding conservatory as a minding area what do I do?

her8y
22-09-2009, 05:02 PM
My registration certificate does not include my conservatory. My choice at the time of inspection as to make it mindee safe was tricky as it was used as a music room and was full of hifi equipment and instruments.

Anyway I am now thinking of changing it into a playroom for the mindees. How do I go about adding it to my certificate...Obviously I will need to contact ofsted but what info will they need and will they need to come and inspect it.

Any help gratefully received!!:D

little miss chatterbox
22-09-2009, 05:36 PM
I think you will need to do a risk assessment for it, send it off to ofsted and I'm not sure if they will come out and inspect it!

Hopefully someone else will come along who can be more helpful!

go for it though if you can! I love my playroom!

sarah707
22-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Yes Jennie is right.

Do a RA, I sent in photos of mine as well.

Change your emergency exit information to include how you get out if you are in there as well.

Hope it's done quickly for you :D

little daisies
22-09-2009, 06:33 PM
i did the same a few years ago i ran ofsted and told them and they said that it was up to me to make sure it was safe and they just added it at my next inspection

her8y
22-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Thank you....great advice again as always. I will do RA withemergency exits etc take some photos and then ring ofsted....

tinkerbelle
23-09-2009, 08:41 AM
i sent in RA'S and pics plus a letter outlining what i wanted to do
i got a telphone call from ofsted telling me i didnt need to do any of this just tel them i was using it and they would put in my file i had told them