PDA

View Full Version : How many risk assessments

Tammy
22-09-2009, 02:35 PM
I have a RA for my house and garden.

I also have one that covers all softplays with generaic hazards on it. If there is a particular hazard in a particular softplay then I'll add it on the end with the actions required and taken and date it.

I then have one that covers all parks in the same format and workings as the softplay one.

One for school runs

One for pre-school runs (obviously these 2 are different because it's a different route/building etc)

Then I have one that covers friends houses. This is the same as my house one but I title it as my friends house not mine.

Does this all sound ok? I was a bit worried I should have one per softplay, one per park etc but if I'm adding any particular hazards on the bottom of the generic sheet isn't that enough?

thanks ladies

sarah707
22-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I have started doing more after speaking to a few minders who have been picked up on it on their inspections.

One was told she must have a new RA for when it was raining! :rolleyes:

It's just a matter of guesswork I think :D

Twinkles
22-09-2009, 06:39 PM
I have started doing more after speaking to a few minders who have been picked up on it on their inspections.

:laughing: OMGoodness does she think the children might melt or something in the rain ??

sarah707
22-09-2009, 06:46 PM
:laughing: OMGoodness does she think the children might melt or something in the rain ??

:huh: :huh:

miffy
22-09-2009, 08:58 PM

It gets dafter - so do you need one for every sort of weather????? :panic:

Miffy xx

sarah707
22-09-2009, 09:00 PM
It gets dafter - so do you need one for every sort of weather????? :panic:

Miffy xx

I've done a generic one now for sun and rain ... considering hail stones! :D

Daddy Day Care
22-09-2009, 09:03 PM
We'll be needing one for earthquakes next

tashaleee
22-09-2009, 10:06 PM
If they want us to spend all our time doing risk assessments - eg its autumn and the leaves are falling and it rained 2 hours ago so it 'might' be slippery as opposed to the day before when it was bright sunshine so glare may have been an issue - maybe we should all stay home and never take the kids out! :rolleyes: :laughing:

sarah707
23-09-2009, 07:03 AM
We'll be needing one for earthquakes next

:eek: :eek: Haven't you got one?!?

:p

Straws
23-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Rain??? :angry: another RA added to my list lol

Straws xx

ChocolateChip
26-09-2009, 01:01 PM
I have a section on my outing RA's that says 'exposure to weather conditions', then the hazards are the obvious ones ie, if wet or icy watch for slippery ground, actions are to wear warm waterproof clothing, return indoors if conditions become too severe. (this is just a shortened version to give you an idea, it also covers hot weather, darkness and other weathers ie windy, snowing).
I have this on every RA where we might possibly be outdoors so all outings and using the garden.

charliegee
28-09-2009, 10:42 PM
:eek: :eek: Haven't you got one?!?

:p

haha - that made me laugh!! :laughing: