PDA

View Full Version : How bad do you think it will get!?

funtoplay
22-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Hi,

Just wondered what you do differently with the threat of a surge swine flu this winter and how bad do you think it is really going to get.

Was talking to one of the workers at our locoal childrens centre and as of this week they have to wipe down all toy and surfaces twice daily and get rid of all soft furnashings!

Plus they are all wearing the antibacterial gel on their belts.

Julia

Pipsqueak
22-09-2009, 01:43 PM
i am doing nothing more than I do already - provide tissues and wipes, encourage good hygiene practices with the kids
normal cleaning routines, disinfect when and where necessary.

I think there is a lot of unnecessary 'hype' about it - flu is flu.

singlewiththree
22-09-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm not doing anything special either.

I have lots of tissue boxes and just making sure if we are out and about that I bin or bag the tissue and wash their hands with gel/wipes.

sarah707
22-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Some nurseries have removed soft toys - I'm just washing mine regularly like I always do! :D

mumof1
22-09-2009, 09:27 PM
im just washing my hands as i have always done, but i have give my dd a handgel to keep in her school bag,

when she came home the first day she got it, the bottle was nearly empty, think she might have overdone it or she has shared it with the rest of her class :laughing:

The Juggler
09-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Some nurseries have removed soft toys - I'm just washing mine regularly like I always do! :D

I read somewhere that the virus only lives for something like 12 hours on hard surface and 24 on soft surfaces in any case. so tissues and handwash seem to be the way to go plus normal routine cleaning.