PDA

View Full Version : Planning for a 10 month old

Alz
22-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Got my first mindee starting this week and as well as letting her settle in and just play with the toys (age appropriate obviously!..tee hee) I just wanted to get ideas in my head of some activities I could do with her and maybe thinking forward to obs etc in a couple of weeks time...

So far I have come up with off the top of my head:

Singing rhymes/actions etc
pots/boxes and items to put in/out
Large chalks on board or outside
Playdough
Bowl of water in garden with bubbles/food colouring (if not allergic!)
Books/stories
Bubbles
Crayons (chunky)

....any more ideas anyone?

Really should start making an "activity" planning folder to keep ideas in!...do you all do this?

Thanks

xx

sarah707
22-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Lots of songs and rhymes... dancing to different CDs... dance mat...

Sounds fun! :D

angiemog
28-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I have found once the little one starts it's a bit easier to come up with ideas. I have a 10 month mindee at the mo, I have tried playdough and crayons and he attempts and has succeeded eating both :eek: Probably my favourite and his to do at the mo is music, singing and dancing and books. Another fav is coloured uncooked rice in a big plastic box. Get out and about too, walks, park, library.....x

primula
07-10-2009, 05:59 PM
have you tried treasure baskets? they go down well.

guest3
15-10-2009, 08:47 PM
What are treasure baskets please? I have only just started minding and my first mindee is 9 months old. She can't crawl or cruise the furniture yet and only sits on the floor. I'm not sure how to start planning at all for babies of this age. Please help

Wendy x:(

singlewiththree
16-10-2009, 06:27 AM
What are treasure baskets please? I have only just started minding and my first mindee is 9 months old. She can't crawl or cruise the furniture yet and only sits on the floor. I'm not sure how to start planning at all for babies of this age. Please help

Wendy x:(

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/728189/Little-treasures---treasure-baskets/

There are also lots of threads on the forum about them, basically you fill a basket with natural items like pinecones, sponge etc and the child gets to feel proper textures, not just plastic. You do have to closely supervise young children with them.

carlen222
25-01-2010, 06:46 PM
I have found once the little one starts it's a bit easier to come up with ideas. I have a 10 month mindee at the mo, I have tried playdough and crayons and he attempts and has succeeded eating both :eek: Probably my favourite and his to do at the mo is music, singing and dancing and books. Another fav is coloured uncooked rice in a big plastic box. Get out and about too, walks, park, library.....x

just wondering how you colour the rice?? thanks lesley

Blaze
25-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Here you go:

http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/eyfs/taxonomy/33689/33698/0/46384

carlen222
25-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Here you go:

http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/eyfs/taxonomy/33689/33698/0/46384

thankyou, ill go take a look :clapping: xx