PDA

View Full Version : My simple site

AvrilMJS
22-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Hey folks,

Any comments welcome as I created this myself and could be missing something.

Cheers

Ave

www.benview-tots.com

specks4
22-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Hi Avril

Great site.

Maybe where you have your list of policies you could have a link so parents could actually look at them. Just a sugestion

Good luck

AvrilMJS
22-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Hi Avril

Great site.

Maybe where you have your list of policies you could have a link so parents could actually look at them. Just a sugestion

Good luck

:blush: I don't know how to do that yet :blush: But yes I know what you mean. Like a button to click to open the word doc........ Off to google so see how to do it.

Cheers

Ave

specks4
22-09-2009, 01:45 PM
nor do i sorry, good luck with finding some help. Maybe you could ask someone on here

sarah707
22-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Lovely site! Thank you for the link to the forum :D

Pauline
22-09-2009, 07:50 PM
:blush: I don't know how to do that yet :blush: But yes I know what you mean. Like a button to click to open the word doc........ Off to google so see how to do it.

Cheers

Ave

I wouldn't do that if I were you Ave - by having your policies available to download you are giving them to unscrupulous people who could copy them and use all your hard work, they have even been known to SELL the copies on eBay and such places :(

Unless you could make it secure where only parents can log in with a password I wouldn't have them on your website. Up to you of course but just a thought.

Nice site, like the colours, easy on the eye - thanks for the link :thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
22-09-2009, 07:51 PM
I like your siter well done :clapping:

And like pauline said I wouldnt put your policies on there either, just a list of them is fine.

Gareth
xx

HomefromHome
22-09-2009, 07:56 PM
very nice!:clapping:

i agree dont put your policies on in full - a list is fine - they can see them infull when they visit.

also love the pup's name shelby - that's the name of our giant african land snail!!!!!!! (dont ask!)

:D

Zoomie
22-09-2009, 07:58 PM
WOW, I think that it is fantastic.

I could never do one myself.

I do have one question. Is that your picture with a LO on the home page ?

AvrilMJS
22-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks folks. I don't know if it is of any interest but the thing I used is called Artisteer. I already had a Joomla website but just needed a new template and I was not paying what I did before to the web dude so bought the template maker. Basic for now but when I have time I will mess with it. I had the website on the back of my cars so I needed it quick.

I will keep the policies off for now. Never thought for one second someone would sell them on ebay, what's the world coming to!!

WOW, I think that it is fantastic.

I could never do one myself.

I do have one question. Is that your picture with a LO on the home page ?

Cheers Zoomie,

No not a piccie of me but a template picture. I don't have any pics of me with a LO yet. :laughing: I do have permission to post pictures of my LO's playing however so might tackle that one day. :)

Thanks again for all your comments.

Regards

Ave

AvrilMJS
22-09-2009, 08:09 PM
very nice!:clapping:

i agree dont put your policies on in full - a list is fine - they can see them infull when they visit.

also love the pup's name shelby - that's the name of our giant african land snail!!!!!!! (dont ask!)

:D

Ah yes, Shelby is my wee yorkie puppy. My mum has her (one day) boyfriend, and he's a yorkie called Ford........

I have a huge interest in cars, and own a Ford Mustang hence the names. :blush:

Jules12Wed
22-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Lovely site - I wouldn't have a clue where to start!!

shelly04
25-09-2009, 08:04 PM
You have done well. Gr8 site.

Where abouts in Inverness r u ? my inlaws are in Culloden. I love it up there.

doodles
18-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Fab Website :thumbsup:

AvrilMJS
30-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Thanks again everyone. :p

You have done well. Gr8 site.

Where abouts in Inverness r u ? my inlaws are in Culloden. I love it up there.

Shelly, I am not far from your inlaws then. I stay on the Culloden battlefield road heading to Inverness.

Ave