PDA

View Full Version : what would you do?

LeeAnn
22-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Hi all, been feeling rotton past couple of days and cant speak today. Been to docs and I have tonsilitis. I have anti biotics and am hoping to feel a bit better by tomorrow.

Does anyone know if this is contagious? I wouldnt want to pass it around, I feel awful but not awful enough to really let all my parents down. Obviously I would love to curl up in my bed all day but well, thats a bit pie in the sky with 2 kids of my own anyway.

About to go do the nursery collection so I am committed to finishing my day but just wondering what I should do about tomorrow?

LisaMcNally09
22-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Tonsillitus is contagious so parents need to know you have been diagnosed with it. i would ring them now if you have only just found out...that gives them the choice.

If you feel really ill you should close. if you feel you can work you still need to give the parents the option of not bringing their child and not being charged. If their child catches the illness they arent going to be able to come but will still have to pay IYSWIM!!

hth

uf353432
22-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Yes totally agree tonsillitis is very contagious. If you are willing to work and parents are still willing to send their children then if they catch it then you also need to be willing to care for their kids if they then get it, plus be careful of any other children who had been kept off. Thing is I think the incubation period of it means the kids have all been exposed to it anyway - which is worth pointing out to the parents. Lots of outside play - fresh air to help alleviate airborne contaminants lol!

P.s hope you get better soon as a childhood sufferer of it I really sympathise. Still great excuse to eat lots of icecream!!

little miss chatterbox
22-09-2009, 10:41 AM
poor you, I have it too!

I was diagnosed on sunday and had anti biotics, contacted all parents on sunday who informed me that they were unable to take time off so still required me to work!

I hope you feel better soon. Huge hugs and lots of love

LeeAnn
22-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks everyone, I have contacted my after schoolers mum to see what she wants me to do. I had explanied to other parents this morning. One of them said if I still felt bad tomorrow just to let him know and the other just said, oh sounds like you need penicillin cos she is a nurse. Will speak to them at collection time I think and see about tomorrow.

Oh Jennie - hope you feel better soon too. I have suffered since I was little and evry virus I get seems to go to my throat. Hope I dont pass it on to the wee ones, I would feel awful :(