PDA

View Full Version : Am I not allowed to have a life?

cuffleygirl
22-09-2009, 07:05 AM
Hi

I have a Mum who takes the whatsit she is consistently late/early at drop off. She only lets me know when she is going to be extra late ie. more than 1 1/2hours and never in advance. Her lo is before and after school only.

She was telling me only last week how much time in lieu she has built up and last Friday she collected her son from school :clapping: (give that lady a medal!)

Anyway I want her to do the same a week on Friday, I will take her lo to school so all I want her to do is leave work an hour earlier (OK so that's 2 hours earlier than the time she drags herself away normally) as I am going away with my family the other 2 families it affects have been fine. She says she will let me know :eek: (if it's OK for me to go away for the weekend!)

Can't believe her! needed to off load!

specks4
22-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Some people do think we live for childminding and dont care weather we have a life or not, i have parents like that, it is very frustrating.

When i need to finish work early i just tell them, i need to finish early so can you please arrange something for your children as i am unable to do it. I also give plenty of notice where possible. I have had a few times where parents have said they cant arrnage anyhting but i havent backed down and just said well im sorry but i cant have your children and that normally works, i think alot of the time they do try it on hoping if they say no we will turn round and say ok not to worry but i never do.

Hope you get it sorted.

balloon
22-09-2009, 07:17 AM
I'm presuming you are doing this within contracted times, ie giving the required amount of notice for a holiday? ;)

If so, I would just remind her that she needs to pick her child up early or sort alternative childcare for that day as you will not be here to do the pick up. Ensure the school know to contact her if pick up fails to happen.

If you're not doing it in accordance with your contract she does have every right to be sniffy about it. I'm not sure where you'd stand if she decided she needed you to pick up...

I'd also remind her in writing that you need her to drop off and pick up at contracted times. It's unfair for her to mess you about like that.

cuffleygirl
22-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Yes I am within contracted notice of hoildays but it is if she stuck to her times an hour off on a Friday afternoon! It is Tuesday morning and so far this week I have racked up twice that in overtime due to early drop off and late pick up. Yes I have adjusted contracts but she just seems to take that as an excuse to be even later (or probably in her eyes not as late!)

I accomodate with no notice and she is snotty with lots of notice!

nic76
22-09-2009, 07:47 AM
put it in writing to prove you have given her the required notice as in contract she can just find someone else or leave work early

sarah707
22-09-2009, 05:51 PM
I am not sure why you are letting her away with time in lieu??

She pays for a certain amount of hours... if she doesn't use them, you win!

If she uses more you charge overtime.

Start being more businesslike, she's less likely to take the mickey.

And if you want time off, put it in writing and make it clear you won't be in from xxx o'clock and if the child is still with you you will call his/her emergency contacts to come and collect because you simply have to go :D

miffy
22-09-2009, 07:33 PM
I think you need to be a bit firmer - just tell her you aren't available next Friday and she will need to pick her child up from school.

Put it in writing if that helps.

Have a good weekend!

Miffy xx