PDA

View Full Version : those that use a strolli rider bike thingy

mushpea
22-09-2009, 06:03 AM
how good are the strolii riders, do you find that it makes the buggy pull to one side? and whats the oldest age that you have had on their and still pushed the buggy ok? i ask because i have 3.5yrold girl who has now started nursery, we always go out for walks in the afternoon but because of nursery she will be very pooped so wonded wether to get one of these , also because its winter and i can walk quicker in the naf weather!

little miss chatterbox
22-09-2009, 07:05 AM
I'm trying to win one off ebay too for my 4 yr old but she is small!

She has the same problem with the school run because she's taking her sister to school and picking her up she's doing the journey 4 times plus nursery too!

I can't help you on how good they are but i have read good reviews!

specks4
22-09-2009, 07:15 AM
are you talking about the buggy boards???? if so they are good but depending on the child can make the buggy heavy and sometimes hard to push.

I used mine with my daughter up till the age of 4 and didnt really have any problems

youarewhatyoueat
22-09-2009, 08:13 AM
They are easy to push, you can go up and down curbs no problem, they don't pull the buggy, my son is 4 half and I still use it occasionally, it does make a double buggy slightly wider but not so wide that you would notice.I use a bungy to tie it up to the handle if i'm not using it as it can easily twist to the side iyswim

louised
22-09-2009, 09:00 AM
They are excellent but mine broke after a couple of months and I can't find anywhere to get it repaired:(

Jen4Kids
22-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Ive had one and use it for my dd who was about 2/3yrs old. It doesnt pull the buggy and you can go quite fast :blush:

My tightening screw unthreaded so i email the company (bibbi swiss strolli) and asked where i could get a replacement part from - didnt hear anything of a couple of weeks then a delivery man turned up with a brand new one :eek: :clapping: :clapping:

Great customer service :thumbsup:

louised
22-09-2009, 10:18 AM
My tightening screw unthreaded so i email the company (bibbi swiss strolli) and asked where i could get a replacement part from - didnt hear anything of a couple of weeks then a delivery man turned up with a brand new one

Could you tell me the e-mail address you used as I have tried e-mailing the company and didn't get a reply, thanks

Stanfield
22-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Do they fit on a phil and teds?

funtoplay
22-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Do they fit on a phil and teds?

It comes with loads of different adaptor for different shaped frames.

I have used mine loads, like everyone has said they don't pull to the side because they are so easy to push, although I always put the smallest child on the side of the buggy with the strolli rider.

It enables you to push the buggy normally without having a child infront of you on a board. I was always kicking the child in front!!

Julia

mushpea
22-09-2009, 11:21 AM
the sound quite good then, where did you all buy yours from, have been looking on ebay but theres not many onthere at the moment unless i am putting the wrong thing in.

HomefromHome
22-09-2009, 11:54 AM
ooo like this!
now... double buggy, buggy board and one of these for my dd..... what a sight i'd look!!!!
mmmmmm:laughing: :laughing:

youarewhatyoueat
22-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I got mine from kelly toys http://www.kellytoys.co.uk/swiss-strolli-rider-buggy-board-seat-step-501-p.asp
It has gone up a bit and is out of stock at the moment they must be getting popular

funtoplay
22-09-2009, 01:36 PM
ooo like this!
now... double buggy, buggy board and one of these for my dd..... what a sight i'd look!!!!
mmmmmm:laughing: :laughing:

Well you could potentially add a strolli rider to each side!!! I was thinking double buggy, buggyboard, 2 strolli riders and a sling for the baby!!!:laughing:

Julia

Cazz
22-09-2009, 02:31 PM
They look great - but ouch to the price :eek:

Alibali
22-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Love mine!:thumbsup:

green puppy
22-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Do these have a safety strap across the seat or does the child just sit and hold on?

mumx3
22-09-2009, 06:49 PM
No safety strap across seat, the kid needs to hold on tight.

I used one with my 3 year old for about a dozen short trips before selling it on ebay.

I used it on a mamas and papas pliko, and a maclaren quest.

I found it quite unstable, not easy to turn, the heights of curbs were limited as to how high you could lift the front of the buggy up to go up the curb. My DD fell off it a few times and I wouldnt recommend it for much younger than this. It gave me a back ache as you cant walk directly behind the buggy you have to walk off centre and push harder on one side than the other.

I prefer the lascal buggy board by far.

The strolli ryder is well made and very easy to attatch and detatch quickly and attract a lot of positve attention, but my back couldnt take it.

Kelly
22-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Well you could potentially add a strolli rider to each side!!! I was thinking double buggy, buggyboard, 2 strolli riders and a sling for the baby!!!:laughing:

Julia

Funny you should say that Julia :laughing: I had two one for each side of my We2 combi, tried and tested, works a treat. Deffiantely beter than a buggy board any day, hardly pulls on the pushchair at all. :clapping:

HomefromHome
22-09-2009, 08:10 PM

Julia

you forgot the baby carrier on the back too!!!! lol oooh do u think ofsted will let me???!!!!! hhaaaahhaahhheee