PDA

View Full Version : Oh yes, I have another question....

venus89
27-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Right, this one is regarding my day-to-day paperwork and how I document them.
Each day I need to fill in the attendance register, I need to fill in a form which says what we've done that day, possibly do observations on the kids (which go in their own individual development folders under lock and key, I take it?). I might take them somewhere new in which case I'll be doing a risk assessment for that place. And what I'd basically like to know, please, is can I put all the day-to-day stuff (the what we did and the risk assessment, planned acticities, possibly a record of my menu) into on folder. Or do thay all have to be filed separately? Only my cupboad shelves are beginning to heave under all the folders and files now!

sarah707
27-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Right, this one is regarding my day-to-day paperwork and how I document them.
Each day I need to fill in the attendance register, yup I need to fill in a form which says what we've done that day if Ofsted ask you where you were on a certain day or at a certain time, it's good to have a daily diary for yourself yes , possibly do observations on the kids not every day! But yes I scribble something about each child a couple of times a week(which go in their own individual development folders under lock and key, I take it?)absolutely! . I might take them somewhere new in which case I'll be doing a risk assessment for that placeyup. And what I'd basically like to know, please, is can I put all the day-to-day stuff (the what we did and the risk assessment, planned acticities, possibly a record of my menu) into on folder. Or do thay all have to be filed separately? You need a risk assessment folder, a daily folder, a folder for each child, an attendance register needs to be near your front door or it won't get doneOnly my cupboad shelves are beginning to heave under all the folders and files now!I think what you need is a trip to Ikea! They do lots of lovely shelving - I'd say 2 to start with, one with a lockable cupboard! :laughing:

Hope this helps! :D

venus89
28-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Wow! Thank you for clearing that up. I was hoping I could put it all into one file (except personal information, of course).
So can I put the observations I make on a child in the same folder that contains, say, their doctor's details? (If I get file dividers and file them under separate sections).

No room in our teeny tiny house for more shelves! I'll have to knock through to next door when they're out one day and claim squatter's rights :laughing:

sarah707
28-02-2008, 02:36 PM
So can I put the observations I make on a child in the same folder that contains, say, their doctor's details? (If I get file dividers and file them under separate sections).
I do! I just use poly wallets
No room in our teeny tiny house for more shelves! I'll have to knock through to next door when they're out one day and claim squatter's rights :laughing:Great idea!

........:D

miffy
28-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Looks like you're getting it sorted!

You could always get a filing cabinet

Miffy xx

venus89
28-02-2008, 02:51 PM
I plan to get one of those mini ones they do in Woolies.... that will just about fi in the teeny tiny house x