PDA

View Full Version : anyone had this variation?

sweets
21-09-2009, 08:15 PM
in 2 weeks time when my 2 new mindees start i will be nearly full. i will just have a space mon and wed. a friend of mine has recently got a job a couple of days a week and has asked me have her LO, thing is she will be working on a 6 week rota so it won't be set days each week but will always know 6 weeks in advance. it will be ok if she needs me mon or wed but it will differ.

Do you think ofsted would give me a variation to have 4 under 5's a couple of days a week? i don't pick children up from school so don't have any older ones would be the 4 under 5's

TheBTeam
21-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Can you say you currently have them Monday and Wednesday, and the shift pattern has changed and you know would like a variation under continuity of care, you may stand a chance if you say you are willing to sacrifice one of you over 5 unused places for the variation to four under 5 some times.

sweets
21-09-2009, 08:24 PM
thats a good idea! as it would be continuity of care then wouldnt it.

Thankyou.

TheBTeam
21-09-2009, 08:30 PM
guess it is a little white lie, but technically you could have taken them on, done a week and then mums job changed!!! As she is your friend she would go with it!

Chatterbox Childcare
21-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Can you say you currently have them Monday and Wednesday, and the shift pattern has changed and you know would like a variation under continuity of care, you may stand a chance if you say you are willing to sacrifice one of you over 5 unused places for the variation to four under 5 some times.

I am in agreeance as they love continuity of care

tinkerbelle
22-09-2009, 07:10 AM
i have had this variation i started to mind just the days i could then wrote in telling ofsted mum's hours had changed and could be any day of the week etc asked for a variation for 4 under 5's over all 5 days i got it and still have it :clapping: