PDA

View Full Version : I don't beeeeelieve it !

Pipsqueak
21-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Just had an enquiry for a full time 15month old and a before and after schooler (siblings). I have been recommended (isn't that nice) to the dad - he is desperate - wants a Wednesday start.

Its flipping typical isn't it.

Technically I have the spaces but my friend (you remember my hoohaa about variations and under 5's) wants me to take her kids to/fro school - will literally be for half hr b4 school and half hr after school. She is a very dear friend and i don't want to let her down - especially now I have said yes I can do it.

arrrrrgggghhghghghghghghghghghghg

thing is the bloke has asked me if i would recommend anyone else and can i take them even temporarily. All the minders I would recommend are full!

Lady Haha
21-09-2009, 07:24 PM
OH dear!!!! No advice at all, just glad I'm not you at the moment! Sorry, I'm not much help am I!

miffy
21-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Oh no Pip!

Is there any way you could do even part of this one - the 15month old say?

I would have a chat with your friend too and make sure that is going to happen

Just be sure you've explored every possibility before you turn it down

Miffy xx

sweets
21-09-2009, 07:27 PM
oh no that is so typical!

can you not do it someway? its a lot of money to lose. have a word with your friend and see what she says, do you think it would be a nightmare for her to find someone else, may you could have a word with another minder first and see if she would take them on so you could take the new 2.

i know it seems hard but it is business!

Twinkles
21-09-2009, 07:28 PM
I agree with Miffy how long will your friend need you for ?

Can you get another mum who goes to the same school register as your assistant so she can help for those times ?

How about registering your OH as your assistant and getting him to help for just those times ?

It seems such a shame to turn it down as there was not much work a few weeks ago :(

Demonjill
21-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Yeah im sure it would be easier for your friend to find someone so you can take the 15 month old.

Talk to your friend and explain things and im sure she will see that too.:thumbsup:

Polly2
22-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Oh pip there's got to be a way :(

miffy
22-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Did you manage to sort anything out Pip?

Miffy xx

HomefromHome
22-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah im sure it would be easier for your friend to find someone so you can take the 15 month old.

Talk to your friend and explain things and im sure she will see that too.:thumbsup:

i agree - it is hard but i'm sure she would understand - good luck:)

Pipsqueak
22-09-2009, 08:56 PM
I spoke to my friend today and they defo want to go ahead.
And :doh: I forgot that harry is going into hospital next week making minding rather difficult.

Anyway Dad came round tonight with the children and OMG the 15 month old (girl) is gorgeous and so cute. I want her.

Well explained the situation to dad, we chatted for a while, he had a look round, chatted some more, played with the baby - older child had gone of to play with James, and although Dad was gutted I have offered emergency care for the next 3 days which he has accepted. he has asked if I would reconsider if I could take them on and if I have a change in circumstances he would like me to keep their number.

Reaslitically I could:

speak to my friend and just offer to have her kids for free (but this would still leave me over my numbers for 1/2 hr each morning)

or ditch my new mindees (they are hard work but we are making slow and steady progress) but this really isn't professional of me at all and wouldn't make me feel good. The money for the 15mo old and her brother is almost double what I get for the 3 other children.

I have also been told my my CDW that the 2yr old pilot scheme is up and ready and as soon as I return to work after h has been in hospital there is work lined up for me.

I am in demand!!! Its nice.

Twinkles
22-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Oh pip it's all or nothing isn't it ?

Hope it all works out for the best.

miffy
22-09-2009, 09:01 PM
You know what Pip, I think you should see how the next three days go and then think about it all again.

Miffy xx

charleyfarley
22-09-2009, 09:06 PM
How typical is that :panic:

I hope it all works out the way you want and what is best for you :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Hebs
22-09-2009, 09:14 PM
just 30 mins???

awww hun i really feel for you but you need to do what is best for you and your family :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
22-09-2009, 09:18 PM
is there no way you can get your overlap? Anyone else that could be your assistant whilst you go to school, maybe walk with you?