PDA

View Full Version : How long do parents stay for first visit?

Mouse
21-09-2009, 01:47 PM
I've just had some parents here & they only stopped about 25 minutes. Normally I'd expect them to be here for at least an hour. They didn't really ask many questions & I don't think were very aware of what a childminder does. I found it much harder work than parents who turn up with a hundred & one questions for me!

How long do your first meeting tend to last?

Ripeberry
21-09-2009, 01:54 PM
They sound like the second set of parents I had over. They did not have a clue and I even gave them a leaflet about 'What to ask a potential CM', but they only wanted one day a week and did not want me to drive anywhere when I had her...err...no can do I'm afraid as I had to collect my own kids anyway :rolleyes:

LisaMcNally09
21-09-2009, 02:08 PM
They sound like the second set of parents I had over. They did not have a clue and I even gave them a leaflet about 'What to ask a potential CM', but they only wanted one day a week and did not want me to drive anywhere when I had her...err...no can do I'm afraid as I had to collect my own kids anyway :rolleyes:

They didnt want you to drive?????????? :eek: Did they have a car?? DId they give a reason???

Ripeberry
21-09-2009, 03:06 PM
They had a car and the dad only works 5 min drive away, but I think it was 'precious first born syndrome' and the fact that they thought it would be reasonable for me to stay in at least one day.
The baby was only 4 months old.

Daddy Day Care
21-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Only had the one parent see me, she had planned on being here for 90 minutes, but was over an hour late so was only here around 25 minutes, and she said no :(

Like you id expect first meeting to be at least an hour long

gareth
xx

wendywu
21-09-2009, 03:51 PM
I filled both my up coming full time spaces last week.

One parent stayed 40 min then came to a toddler group with me.

The other couple stayed for 2 hours.

You never can tell :)

TheBTeam
21-09-2009, 03:58 PM
I have had anywhere from 15 minutes to over 2 hours!

Gizmo
21-09-2009, 04:32 PM
the lo I look after on a Monday I am friends with the mums sister and she didnt even bother coming to see me we arranged it all by text she popped in for 5 mins the night before the lo was starting to sign contracts:thumbsup:
My full timers parents were in for about 1/2 hour and the babys parents where in for ages but same again first time parents and they asked loads of questions, but I'm full now for under 5's so I dont mind how long they are here as long as they sign :thumbsup:

Tatjana
21-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Mine were only here for 10 mins and wanted to sign up, asked to take the contract with them!

Not sure how i'd cope with upto 2 hours?!

xx

loocyloo
21-09-2009, 05:00 PM
I have had anywhere from 15 minutes to over 2 hours!

me too!

the 15 min parents then said yes please by mobile 5 minutes after leaving!

the 2 hr interview, was a returning mum !!! i'd already had her eldest for 18mths, then they had a year off!!!!

Mouse
21-09-2009, 05:15 PM
It must just be me who's never had such a quick visit before then! I'm starting to think that maybe I talk to much :laughing:

amirose
21-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I had a parent visit and she stayed literally less than 5 minutes. Was convinced I must of offended her or there was just something shed seen that she want happy with - 2 days later she ran and wanted to from them to start the following day :eek:

wendywu
21-09-2009, 10:15 PM
My two hours was because we were chatting about places we had in common and hobbies we all enjoyed. We were not talking about minding for 2 hours.

But i do think that you get the feel of a person by talking to them. I liked them and they liked me. Some of my parents i would be quite happy to sit and chat with round a dinner table. :)

charliegee
21-09-2009, 10:26 PM
mine are usualy an hour but have been as short as 10 - 15 minutes (one of the 15 minutes is hopefully starting with me next week and I've had others who've stayed for the hour or so and not signed...never can tell really!)

x

Straws
22-09-2009, 08:11 AM
I would say average about an hour, it takes that long to briefly run over the policies and activities we do during the week, I think if i had someone stop for a few minutes I wouldnt expect them to sign up.

Straws xx