PDA

View Full Version : Feeling rough

atmkids
21-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Why is that when a parent is off work sick we still look after their children for them but when we are poorly and should be off sick we still look after their children. I've got a really bad cold/flu, been in bed all weekend but didn't want to let parents down or lose money so yes, you've guessed it, i've carried on with my three under fives when I really should have been tucked up in bed :( At least DH has been really helpful :littleangel:

little miss chatterbox
21-09-2009, 12:31 PM
oh i know isn't it a nightmare!

and then they're the first to complain when their children catch something off us!

Hope you feel better soon. Looks like there's a lot of us feeling poorly today

atmkids
21-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks Jennie, well I got through the day with the help of DH (although he did the kids lunch for them and got lunch boxes mixed up, so the one who always eats really healthily ended up with a chocolate spread sandwich :blush: ). Now I just need a good nights sleep to start again at 7.30 tomorrow. Hope you and anyone else with this nasty cold gets better soon.

sarah707
21-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Feel better soon! xx

Polly2
22-09-2009, 11:29 AM
hope you feeling better today

yummymummy
22-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Really sympathise, feel exactly the same as you, mindees gave it to me had an awful weekend as felt so ill. Didn't even entertain contacting parents because it is so much hassle to call them all explain and then have to listen to them telling me how difficult arranging cover will be!
Hope you feeling a bit better, I am today.:thumbsup:

katickles
22-09-2009, 12:15 PM
It is so hard whn your feeling ill. What I always think is that parents with just one child of there own find it hard work, but we are expected to cope just fine when we have 3 that we mind:rolleyes:

Hope you feel better today.

atmkids
22-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Thank you everyone. It's nice to talk to other people who know how you feel. I'm still quite poorly but feeling alot more human today so I'm doing some Autumn crafts with the mindees.