PDA

View Full Version : help needed with my own child!!!!

chewy sweets
21-09-2009, 09:33 AM
I mind 2 children plus my own lo who's 16 months old.
1 mindee is 2 1/2 and my lo gets on well with him- Some winges if they want the same toy but other than that fine.

The other mindee is 12 months old and my lo hates him. Mindee is really good and just plays quietly but my lo goes out of his way to throw things at him, smack him and generally be nasty to him! :(

My lo normally loves other children and is fine with my other mindee so not sure why he's being like this.
Any ideas????
Any advice on ways to make him like him more really appreciated!!:thumbsup:

grindal
21-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Was the mindee your lo dislikes your first mindee? Maybe he has taken sharing you a bit more difficult? Also, I suppose to him the little mindee is more his own age whereas the 2 yr old is probably a lot more independent and a bit more of a grown up (IYSWIM!).
When I started minding DS1 was used to sharing me cos of DS2, but DS2 found it a lot harder to get used to me cuddling another baby, and would be quite demanding at times. Make sure your own lo gets lots of attention, and tell him you do not like his behaviour when he is doing wrong, and give him loads of praise when he is doing well.
Or, wait till someone with loads more experience and better suggestions than me comes along :blush: :blush:

chewy sweets
21-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Was the mindee your lo dislikes your first mindee? Maybe he has taken sharing you a bit more difficult? Also, I suppose to him the little mindee is more his own age whereas the 2 yr old is probably a lot more independent and a bit more of a grown up (IYSWIM!).
When I started minding DS1 was used to sharing me cos of DS2, but DS2 found it a lot harder to get used to me cuddling another baby, and would be quite demanding at times. Make sure your own lo gets lots of attention, and tell him you do not like his behaviour when he is doing wrong, and give him loads of praise when he is doing well.
Or, wait till someone with loads more experience and better suggestions than me comes along :blush: :blush:

No the 2 1/2 year ld was my first mindee. But i do think it's because they're simular ages!

Helen79
21-09-2009, 11:16 AM
I would think it's because they're a similar age & the 12month old may need more physical attention from you, picking up etc than the 2 yr old

My ds is fine with the older mindees but seems slightly jealous of the baby I've just started.

He's fine with her but if I'm feeding her or giving her a bottle he'll want to sit on my knee or be cuddled.

Your ds is used to being the baby in the family so having a younger child might make him jealous.

My ds likes to help me when I'm dealing with the baby. He helps me feed her (I give him a spoon & he sits next to me, I would never let him actually feed her lol) or he gets the wipes out of the pack when I'm changing her nappy. It means he's still getting my attention even when I'm having to deal with her.