PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please!!!!

LisaMcNally09
21-09-2009, 09:20 AM
I have one mindee at the moment! I dont know if anyone has picked up that right from the start I had a bad feeling about things!!

He's a challenging little boy but we are getting there very slowly!! Anyway, his mum is also very casual about everything to do with the little one.....likes to change arrangements at the last minute or ask that i have her other kids at short notice!!!

Anyway...right from the word go I said I needed payment on Monday every week....before his first session of that week. Up to press there has been no problem. She has been on holiday for the last week and paid me before she left for that week and so that was fine!! Anyway ive gone this morning to pick up mindee and i could just tell she wanted to get away quickly!!! And no payment!!!:panic:

My question is....if she doesnt give me the weeks fees this afternoon do I mention it to her??? The reason i ask is Im having her other two children on wednesday as a one off so im nervous about letting her not pay me before I have them!!

Also as they are my only mindees at the moment every penny is spoken for so I rely on the fees i get!!!

Oh i hate this part of the job!!! lol

Thanks in advance!!!

Lisa x

chewy sweets
21-09-2009, 09:41 AM
I'd definatly ask her for payment and if you don't get it today Write a letter stating that the payment is over due and each day that it's late there will be a £5 charge. See what she says after that!:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
21-09-2009, 09:45 AM
if that is the terms of agreement then yes you should ask. Could you send her a 'reminder text' sometime today?

LisaMcNally09
21-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks both of you!

I might send her a text....just dont know what to put????

Maybe:
'Hi X, just a reminder that E's fees are due today! With the extra I am doing for you on Wednesday the total is X. Thanks, Lisa

How does that sound???

Pipsqueak
21-09-2009, 09:56 AM
That sounds spot on, make sure you put a 'request read receipt' on it so you know she has received it.

If she has a problem with the payment she should speak to you (sounds like by your description that she is a bit skint after holidays???)

Don't feel guilty or bad about asking for your money - you have earned it fair and square.

Send the text now and have a note written out reminding her of when fees are due (your agreement) and what your late charges are - just in case.

Minstrel
21-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Might get rid of the exclamation mark if i were you, makes it sound a bit cross and i'm sure you dont mean it like that. Just friendly but firmly.

LisaMcNally09
21-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Right ive sent the text

Ive put:

'Hi X I forgot to mention this morning that i need you to nip in today and sign the forms for x and x for wednesday. If you cant manage today, tomorrow is fine if you let me know a time. Also, the fees this week with the extra I'm doing on Wednesday are x. Thanks'

I thought id use the contract signing for the other ones as an excuse!!:blush:

Anyway ive just had a text back saying 'no probs'

I hope that means she's paying today because ive just realised i didnt actually put that the fees were due today:blush: (even though she knows!!)

Minstrel
21-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Glad you got it sorted- fingers crossed you get the money now!

little daisies
21-09-2009, 01:42 PM
i would definately sort it out quickly because with my past experiance once you let them pay late and get away with it once they will do it more. after all they wouldnt go to tescos and a weeks shopping and say at the check out i`ll come back and pay tomorrow

LisaMcNally09
21-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Well i didnt get paid!!! :(
Her excuse was she left her purse at home!!! Shes coming in the morning to sign paperwork and says she'll bring it then!

Ive told her in future i need it on a monday or ill have to charge late fees!! I took mindee to a music class this afternoon and had to pay out of my pocket and i explained to her things like that would have to be cancelled if i dont get the fees on time!!

I hope this isnt the start of a bad customer!!! Although im thinknig it possibly is!!:(

The Juggler
21-09-2009, 05:30 PM
good for you mentioning the late fees. make sure you do and stick to it. tell her it's a daily charge for each day it's late!!

Daddy Day Care
21-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Really hope she gives you the money in the morning, let us know how you get on

Gareth
xx

Demonjill
21-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Fingers x you get it all sorted soon. It sounds hard being firm!

Im the same taking payment for doing someones horse. Not as easy as it sounds being firm although some people are harder than others!:D

nic76
21-09-2009, 08:47 PM
see what happens tomorow, you have told her about late payment fees so hopefully she will pay you.if not then do what we was told to do on our course. dont have the child until she pays.even if she turns up on your doorstep you have to say no.

not sure if i could do this as i am not that strong but if someone owes you money and knows the way you run your business then she has to comply with her contract

LisaMcNally09
22-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Well she's been!!!

And she paid me!! phew!!!!:clapping:

I had chance aswell to have a chat about things with her!!! I feel so much better now about things!!

Thanks for everyones support yesterday!!!

Chatterbox Childcare
22-09-2009, 09:50 AM
I would have asked yesterday!

I have this with one parent and she now pays me on the thursday for the following week.