PDA

View Full Version : I hate time wasters

solly
21-09-2009, 08:51 AM
This is a real bug bear of mine:mad:

I was supposed to see a lady & her husband today at 9.15 who has a 3month old little boy, she wanted care from January.
Spent yesterday getting everything in order (most of you know i was about to give up and lost all motivation) It is now 9.50 and she has still not turned up. I have got her telephone number and have tried to ring her but she is either not in or is choosing to ignore the phone there is no answerphone so cant leave a message

How long should i wait before i take my two mindees out as it is a lovely day to go out to the park etc

Do people think we have nothing better to do than stay in and wait for them, if she had changed her mind then fine but it would be polite to tell me

Tatjana
21-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Oh no, how inconsiderate of them. If they've still not shown, i would say to go about your usual day now.

xx

nemo97
21-09-2009, 09:31 AM
I agree with Tatjana. Carry on with the day as usual if she is interested she'll phone to make other arrangements.
If she is a time waster then you haven't spoilt your day waiting around.
Fingers crossed she has a genuine reason for not showing. :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
21-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Unless there is a good reason why she is a no-show, then that is really rude. Do the phone number(s) have an answermachine. Think I would go out an 1hr after she was supposed to be there - leave a message if possible, if not ring back later tonight (and give her the benefit of the doubt and chance to explain).

If not explanation is forthcoming or adequate then i wouldn't want them anyway!

Have a nice time out with the kids

Tired
21-09-2009, 10:42 AM
I dear, I do hope that have turned up now.
Unfotrtunatly I have learnt that about 1 in 4 people who make appointments do not turn up, and don't bother to call to let you know.
I think its really rude, but I have just got used to it, as part of the job.

solly
21-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Still no show, no phonecall have tried to ring and no answer so had a lovely morning in the park with my two mindees
all is not lost as i have just spoken to a mum of mine whilst in the park who is on maternity leave and she has decided to go back to work in february so as long as i can get a variation so i can have 4 mindees 2 days a week then everything should be ok I look after her son 1 day a week at the moment, and have had him and his older brother since they were babies.

helenlc
21-09-2009, 11:07 AM
At least your trip to the park might have turned up some work!

I do think its rude when people dont turn up - it takes just a minute to phone or even text and so they cannot make it.:angry:

LittleMissSparkles
21-09-2009, 11:15 AM
I think that is one of the down sides to our job isnt it, hope if you get hold of her the explanation is good !

good luck xxx

ORKSIE
21-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Sorry to hear about you TW, also makes me mad:angry:
Glad to hear that your walk to the park was productive:)

Alibali
21-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Not nice at all, some people:angry:

Polly2
21-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Sounds like the trip to the park was a good move! Sorry to hear you had a no-show parent :(