PDA

View Full Version : Charge for after school in hols??

booboo
27-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Hello i have 2 girls once a week after school for 2 hours, im not sure if i should charge in the holidays?? any help would be great

cheers Amanda x :)

sarah707
27-02-2008, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't :D

devoncm
27-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi, i have a 9 yr old boy after school and holidays i dont have him as his mum works in a college so then she is obviously at home, i do charge to keep his space open, i charge half the usual price.

miffy
27-02-2008, 12:40 PM
I take it you won't be looking after this child in the school holidays?

i charge a small retainer to keep the place open unless I have a holiday only child to cover it

Miffy xx

yummymummy
27-02-2008, 12:50 PM
I've had lots of after schoolees over the years but have never charged a retainer for term time only because my interpretation of the charging of a retainer is that the parent is paying to keep those hours available for their child all year. Knowing my luck I would be the one who gets the parent who would then send their child to me school holidays 3.15-6.15!!!!!
I was never really keen to have the after schools full days in holiday, so that may just be my viewpoint, if you are willing to provide care and the parent doesn't want it for some reason then it may be a good idea to charge a retainer.
I think I may have confused you even more!!!!!!!:panic:

booboo
27-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Thats great i know what you mean lol i dont think i will charge for the holidays as its only one day a week, thanx everyone :)

Amanda x

wendywu
27-02-2008, 02:09 PM
But do tell her that if she increases her days during term then she would have to pay half in the holidays. Or you could find yourself out of pocket:)

A retainer can be to keep the space open for the start of the new term.

michellethegooner
29-02-2008, 12:22 AM
I have a 10mth old(5 full days) and her 6yr old brother who comes to me after school 3.15 -5.pm their mother works in a college so doesnt need me in the school holidays... I still charge her same fee for the holidays even though they dont attend they can if she wants.. I do this because I cannot fill their spaces for just term time therefore would lose part of my income 12wks of the yr but then most of the childminders in my area charge in holidays..

Michelle xx

booboo
29-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanx Michelle

Its really hard to know what to charge, when im really not sure what the childminders around here do, when it comes to payment, most don't want to tell you lol secretive!!! thats why this forum is so great!! :clapping:

Amanda x

kellykelly
11-03-2008, 04:56 PM
hi i am new to this forum and quite new to childminding.

It does baffle me a bit when it comes to school holidays.
if i have school child who i pick up for school and keep for three hours a day for five days aweek (15 hours aweek ) i am reluctant to charge a retainer fee for holidays as i will have to keep those hours each day available incase they want to use them. i could be loosing full time spaces.

i had an idea to put in my policys that i would charge a retainer fee for parents who had contracted more than 30 hours per week? any advise

jaytravis
12-03-2008, 07:03 AM
i have 2 before school and 2 after school i charge full price in school holidays but i have said if like at the min i hAVE NOONE DURIBG THE DAY I AM WILL ING TO change what hours i look after them if i am able to
theu have 2 weeks half fees for the year

Cammie Doodle
12-03-2008, 02:07 PM
I have 2 children who's Mum is a Teacher,when she started with me she told me she would pay half in Holidays as thats what she did with last Childminder (I would not of asked for half but being she suggested it ;) ) It is not a lot of money as both children at school full time now, but every little helps. :)