PDA

View Full Version : I may loose ALL my mindees

flora
20-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Well as the title says next yr I may loose ALL my mindees.

I have know for a while that I may loose one set as dad is retiring, ( older dad :thumbsup: ) At the mo they can't tell me whether it will be January or Easter next yr.

Then today the mum who keeps her horse with me tells me she is expecting.

Fab news and I thrilled for them both and the kids all bar her 16 yr old are really pleased and excited.

The only thing is she can't tell me if she is going back to work. Which is fair enough.

Will be ok if she does as I will gain a very small mindee which I would love. If she doesn't I loose two :(

Thing is as I have said before, it is soooo quiet round here.

May be this is a sign I am supposed to try something new, who knows???

I will keep you posted :thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
20-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Will be keeping my fingers crossed for the next year (lol) for you, hope the mum does go back to work

Gareth
xx

littlesprogs
20-09-2009, 05:22 PM
oh no!

It would be lovely if you gained the small mindee.

Will keep my fingers crossed that either someone else comes along or the mum goes back to work.

sarah707
20-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Oh that's going to be tough!

Get advertising and see who's out there :D

Twinkles
20-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Oh no ! Are you advertising ?

LittleMissSparkles
20-09-2009, 05:37 PM
oh Flora .... I hope that doesnt happen babe, I know you are a little remote where you are but hopefully things will pick up soon xxxx

flora
20-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Yes and no :blush:

Yes I have cards in all the local places, village hall etc.

And no cos I know from experience round here people just don't use minders, they use or pay freinds. family to do. Which is fair enough.

Part of me is ok about the first two going and I have to say so is Nige.

They are good kids but don't go till 6pm and so we have to eat at 5pm, so nige is looking forward to me being a bit more flexible :D

He did say when I told him we were losing them that he didn't want me to actively seek any more just stick with R and R.

Willl hae to see what he says about it all when he come in off the farm.

At the end of the day I only do after school, and term time only so I think maybe something will turn up, I would like to get more involved in Hannah's playschool, so maybe this is the chance I need?? Who knows :)

miffy
20-09-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm sure something will come up :)

Fingers crossed for you!

Miffy xx

Trouble
20-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Take it easy for a bit then if you feel like it advertise:thumbsup:

xxxxxx

Lincsminder
20-09-2009, 06:46 PM
oh dear, im sure every thing will work out. I try not to let what might happen in the future bother me because i think everything happens for a reason and sometimes something like this gives you the oppertunity to do something new.

jibberjitz
20-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Keeping fingers crossed for you:thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
20-09-2009, 07:06 PM
sounds like your thinking of other things already:D

good luck with what you choose hunny x

jaja
20-09-2009, 07:25 PM
oh flora thats crap!!!!!!

I will send some your way, fingers crossed that she will come back to you with baby too.......

I get dh to do you a webiste then i will link it to mine too and we get you busy again:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

need cake just ring and we get together again soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CherryBlossom
20-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Hope it all works out for you x

RachelE
20-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Fingers crossed for you sweetie :thumbsup:

If you do decide to do something else though, you will be such an asset to any other setting :)

- you could always be my assisstant!!

Hope something turns up.

Catch up soon,
Rachel x

nic76
20-09-2009, 07:42 PM
sorry to hear you will be losing some mindees. i had none over the school hols and was getting a bit sklint but then bang 3 after school kids and 2 part day day kids. better than nothing

good luck

Playmate
20-09-2009, 08:27 PM
You just never know whats round the corner, at least you have a bit of notice on both of them.

Pipsqueak
20-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Thats a downer Flora - I am sorry to hear that. But its funny how things work out and what Fate has in store for you. Perhaps, as you say this is a sign... of what who knows - reckon you should just go with the flow for now and wait to see. you'll know what to do when it happens.

Hope the small mindee works out.

PixiePetal
20-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Sorry to hear you are losing your lot, I lost mine when I moved to the farm. 2 to school - was planned, 1 lo who only came for a couple of hours once a week - not too much to miss and then suddenly another 2 when their dad changed his job :(

Only 1 left now. Going to village shop this week to put ad in but it is so quiet in general. I now have fantastic setting at the farm, a playroom and only 1 mindee who comes 2 days a week (he is georgous though!)

Fingers crossed for us both :thumbsup:

Heaven Scent
20-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Oh dear, but you sound very philosophical about it - it doesn't appear that it would be the worst thing that could happen to you right now. When is new baby due? Does mums mat leave coinside with other dad retiring?

I lost all but one p/t mindee between Dec & Jan - it was a nightmare but now I've built it up again very very slowly mind - I still have 3 days left for a pre schooler - I have had 2 enquiries but they came to nothing - but soon I will be fine. I could also take on more after schoolers got 2 siblings on mon & /wed and 1 girl on a Wed plus she comes 5 mornings but I'd rather fill the 3 days. These schoolers are at 2 different schools and the single girl is in her last year at primary- and I think I'll be taking on a new boy from next sept for the school that the sisters above attend - its much closer and within walking distance plus its for 4 pm's and 4 am's but to get the work i've offered to charge mum a special rate so he will be not be worth as much money but at least I'll be seen more at that school and may pick up more work from there - the minder who lives across the road from me has kiddies who go there and she gets all her work from being there.

I put an advert in the local paper last Jan and got a call from a pregnant lady and LO started with me 3.5 days on 1/9.

I literally advertise everywhere and have had enquiries from every advert but have not had work from them - enquiries are good though.

All the best of luck with whatever happens - I hope its what you want and you and your family are happy.