PDA

View Full Version : Started eyfs stuff this week

mum2two
27-02-2008, 11:44 AM
I know it doens't kick in until Sept, but I haven't got an inspection due for 2 yrs, so thought the sooner I get stuck in, the sooner I'll get the hang of it.

Haven't got my EYFS introductory course until next week, but I think from what people have said it's a bit of a waste of time, and not going to help that much - if it does great!

I've planned 1 activity every day, linking to a theme. Because I have playschool runs, they're only here a couple of hours before school pickup - so don't want to plan load that they won't do. Need to have free play too.

I've got a folder for each child, and if possible, try & get them to do more than 1 of whatever we're doing. One to take home & one to go in the folder.

Like yesterday we made butterfly paint print pictures. I'll put one in the folder and state what eyfs goals etc the child got from it. ie knew colours, symetry etc etc...

Hopefully this is along the right routes. Will put pics of them doing other things in there too, and give it to the parents when the child starts school, as I know we're meant to carry on eyfs stuff, but I don't have time after school...

The idea is, come Sept when it's compulsary, I'll know what I'm meant to be doing. In the meantime, if I do it all wrong - it doesn't matter so much!

Kelly x

sarah707
27-02-2008, 12:08 PM
That sounds absolutely brilliant Kelly... if you don't get 2 pieces of work, you can always take a photo instead and bung that in! :D

miffy
28-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Sounds like you're off to a really good start

Miffy xx

angeldelight
28-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Well done Kelly a good start

Angel xx

avril
28-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Well done ho organised are you!?

Avril :)