PDA

View Full Version : Individual planning, again.!

Mrs Argyle
20-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Ok, I think I understand what Individual Planning is now... thankyou Sarah, I have made myself a sheet saying what the child is interested in along top and down one side the six area's, which I adapt activities to fit in. What do I do with this info ? do I do a obs on one of the activities and a next step, suppose the next day they come their interest has changed to something else do I do another Ind Plan sheet again. Help guys.

sarah707
20-09-2009, 10:49 AM
You are right - things change, children's whims come and go...

So be really flexible with your individual planning.

Don't try filling it all in at once or in advance, think of it as an overview of the child's time with you.

Some of it can be filled in looking back as well..

Friday - John is really into the lego and you think about some lego activities over the weekend...

BUT on Monday, John brings in a feather he found at the weekend - out comes Owl babies, feather activities, collages with feathers, a nature walk to find more feathers... you could not have planned this but it is still individual planning...

Make sense? :D

Mrs Argyle
20-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Thank you Sarah, Yes my old brain is getting there. But I dont understand what to do with the indiv planning at the end of the day, in other words what do I do with this info. ?