PDA

View Full Version : Would I need a variation?

DCMS
19-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Bit of a strange question but my daughter is due to give birth anyday and has 2 children under 5. She intends only to be in hospital for the minimum time (last time arrived there with head popping out and home after 12 hours). Obviously I will be looking after my 2 grandsons but if it happened to be a Thursday I would be over my numbers 11.30-12.20 and 3-4.15. If hubby is able to be home then no problem but if he can't should I be ringing Ofsted although I don't know when it's going to happen. IYSWIM

sweets
19-09-2009, 09:30 PM
no i wouldn't bother to be honest. i would class it as emergency care if you ended up over your numbers which may not even happen.

i think ofsted is taking weeks to process variations anyway, so unless your daughter can cross her legs it would be too late anyway! lol

Chatterbox Childcare
20-09-2009, 08:43 AM
If you do it as emergency you need to ring Ofsted when it happens and inform them.

To me it isn't emergency as you know it could happen and I would phone and ask them their advice

If you go against your registration and don't get the variation or inform then you don't have any insurance.

sarah707
20-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Having had many dealings with Ofsted over the years, I would always say to tell them.

They can make a note, put it in your file, give advice ...

The same with your insurance company - ring them and check.

it's not worth the hassle if someone reports you for being over numbers and you didn't let them know.

I hope it all goes well for your daughter!! :D