PDA

View Full Version : got myself in a mess

childmind04
19-09-2009, 08:12 PM
When i was on my hols my friend attended a workshop on new training available this year, anyway at first they said it was 5 oclock start so no good, anyway one of them the leadership and management turned out to be 6, which would still be a push and i would be late but tutor said it was fine, anyway i got funding for it and went to first one last week and OMG, so not what i want to do, the tutor said the only way she managed it was to not go out socially and cut her sleep down to 5 hours a night when assignments were due :panic: , i work average of 50 hours and have 3 children of my own, i have done my ou and yes you have to be careful but i have never had to do this :( plus myself and my friend were the only childcare workers there the rest were call centre(being funded my work) and she said to get there employers to give them time off for this

I am worried about saying to the local early years department who sorted my funding (mine was especially sorted with me being on holiday and did not get in woth the original funding) i dont want to do this and also worried about letting my friend down, but i also dont want 4 years of my life revolving around a course i dont want to do :(

I am so worried it is really effecting my weekend, i am due there on monday night

Hebs
19-09-2009, 08:18 PM
put yourself first and don't go if you don't want to xx

Twinkles
19-09-2009, 09:23 PM
It really doesn't sound like it's worth the stress it's putting you through. You never know your friend may be feeling the same.

miffy
19-09-2009, 09:27 PM
I'd talk to your friend - she may be feeling as overwhelmed as you.

The sooner you talk to her the sooner you can get this sorted and ditch the stress.

Good luck

Miffy xx

DCMS
19-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Don't put yourself through it. My previous employer funded a course I thought I really wanted to do - it turned out I hated it, tried it for about 6 weeks, going straight from work til really late. In the end it was getting me so depressed I had to speak to them about it and offered to pay them back the cost. They were really good, wouldn't take the money and the relief was immense. Just say sorry, but its not for me! They're not going to force you to go

cher25
19-09-2009, 10:36 PM
I couldn't do something i hate. So wouldnt advise anyone else to either. Tell them you aren't doing it. If it will have a big impact on your work and personal life then it isn't worth doing, especially if you dont want it anyway.